Read, Ate Bought, Did - August

I started the month reading Sweetpea by C.J Skuse which is the unpleasant diary of a women who may well kill you for squidging her bread in Lidl. 

I assume I did try some new recipes, but I can't remember what they were. Treated myself to some fancy granola and ate quite a bit of fruit - it's on my new* habit tracker



Managed to not buy much in August, a new ankle support, three recipe books from the charity shop, a scone. The Chap is always telling me I need a coaster for the side table in my room, so he bought me this one, it fits with the quilt pretty well

We had 24 hours in Hull** (23 hours 58 minutes according to the parking app) where we visited the newly reopened Maritime Museum, Ferens art gallery for the Moomins exhibition, and finally got onboard Spurn Lightship.  


we stayed on this street





We then headed to Norwich for a couple of nights, we spent the first evening at The Waterfront watching the excellent Nation of Language. The first full day was spent wandering around, watching De Gaulle: Resistance at the cinema, then out for a meal with The Chap's friend. Saturday morning saw us at Norwich Castle - great castle and a couple of very enjoyable exhibitions, including David Shenton - Kindly Ease The Tension. Then finally to the football, it's a long journey home at the best of times, it's even longer when you've witnessed a 4-1 defeat. 

Goodbye August. Hello September, a month where surely no-one would back up a weekend in Norwich watching Burnley get battered with a weekend in Swansea doing the same thing. 


*new in the sense I've had it for three years but never used it

** most of these pictures were taken on previous visits



Comments

  1. I like the Hull coaster. The Old Town and Marina are my favourite parts of the city. I'd love to see the new Maritime Museum. My mum used to work in that building years ago for the Docks Board. There are some really good museums to visit and I love Ferens Art gallery too. Haven't been for a while though. We need to do a culture trail on another visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old Town is so nice. We've taken to staying either on Prince St, or on Fruit Market. We go visit other parts of the city, but this time we were in a very small area - Humber St, Queen Victoria Sq and High St.

      Highly recommend the heritage walks if you haven't done one. Great value for money and so much information.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Each to their own goes without saying.