Get Off My Lawn

I am an old woman shouting at clouds.

I am fully aware I have passed the point where I am adapting to the modern world, we've already spoken about iced drinks. 

Plugs.

I have bought two electrical items recently, neither of which were supplied with a plug. I am aware I can buy the necessary adaptor, but please I beg of thee, just ruddy well make me aware I'm going to need to do that at the point of purchase. 

So today I have this dilemma - do I make an unwanted trip into the town to buy a travel adaptor, or do I just check into a hotel with a shaver point in the bathroom to charge my toothbrush*?

In my 50-odd years of life I have never been to a house with a shaver point in the bathroom. Am I just too common? 


Expect a fresh old lady rant next week. 

*yes I visited a new dentist this week

Comments

  1. I've never known a shaver point in a bathroom before either, save for hotels. My dentist never could persuade me to buy an electric toothbrush, but that may be to my detriment in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love an old lady rant. Mine are usually directed towards self scan checkouts, or Olly Murrs if he comes on the radio when I'm on my way to work. The rants can get very sweary at times. P.S. I have a shaver point in my bathroom :) which is only ever used to charge Lily's toothbrush. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to my boys (full sized adult boys) the reason that modern tech often does not come with plugs is cost cutting... they can sell to all countries and not have to ensure the correct style of pluggage is added for that particular country's style of attachment
    And - they have told me with an audible roll of an eye or two - if you have a universal plug it then fits everything....
    Still annoying though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Each to their own goes without saying.