Back On It

 I really fell out of love with quilting a couple of years ago.

A planned trip to Norwich has kick started it again. The trip, at the end of August when we'll be heading over for the football, reminded me that I started one of the quilts back in spring 2022, when we were in the city for what I think might have been Sean Dyche's final game in charge of The Clarets (am I making that up?). Burnley lost 2-0 and were relegated not long afterwards, happy days. 

Anyway, that's not the quilt I'm working on today. I'm fiddling with the back of one made mainly from shirts. I started this when I went on a frenzied hexie-making something (rampage, campaign, who knows what the word is) after I left the old charity shop and thought I was going to become a professional hexie retailer, that's what it felt like at any rate - they were everywhere. 


I hear another heatwave is on the way, so I'm sitting under a big mound of fabric while it's not too hot, then hopefully I'll be sitting under the finished item when it finally gets cold. 

Maybe it's just something I like to do ahead of a season in The Championship. Another season, another new manager, another 46 games ahead of us. Ambitions - don't get relegated, finish above Blackburn, complete at least one of the two quilts in progress, eat lots of scones. 

Comments

  1. The second and last ambition I can get on board with. Up The Clarets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I'd settle for relegation as long as they went too! UTC

      Delete
  2. Fellow Hexi semi failure checking in. I've a box of them down stairs and actually started putting them together. Random, no plan for a finished look. All hand sewn.

    Now, I'm retred and don't really have an excuse to avoid them. I think they will become my car project. Need something to do when the husband is drivingl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello hexie friend, thanks for stopping by. A car project is a really nice idea.

      Delete
  3. I love your hexie quilt, some beautiful fabrics in there. I too am a hexie lover. I always get drawn back to them, as I find them the easiest shape to work with when hand quilting and I enjoy cutting them out and tacking the papers in. No acute angles either. I've got a quilt to finish, but I can't face working on it in the heat. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree with you, the shape is so easy and there's no pressing.

      The heat is getting up again here, although nowhere near the temperatures you'll have been experiencing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Each to their own goes without saying.