Other than groceries I haven't bought anything for a few weeks.
I'm using things up, I'm wearing new outfit combinations, abandoned projects are being revisited, half a garden bed has been dug up ready for a refresh, the new recipes keep coming.
And now I'm desperate to buy something.
Do I want anything? No. Do I need anything, only curtains for the bedroom, but I am getting the itch to buy something. At the start of the week it was a bag, then it was a scarf, then it was the materials to make a bag, then it was new vitamin tablets, then it was a flexible chopping board, then it was nail polish, then it was a Hornsea Fleur pot, then it was burgundy mascara. What next a Labubu, Squishy Dumplings, Sonny Angels?
My impulse to buy something is more of a once a week thing usually, although sometimes it can be more. What I buy is usually second hand, but it's still consumerism. You did well to go a few weeks.
ReplyDeleteI think putting it out there has cured me for a while, I'm back to normal after a spell of wanting all these things I would certainly under use.
DeleteThat's quite the list! I have the opposite problem - an itch to get rid of things :)
ReplyDeleteHonestly Jules, I don't know where these thoughts come from, it's a good job I'm not an impulse shopper.
DeleteI agree with this feeling. I do really well for a while and then, I get the itch! I find that searching and liking things on Vinted helps but I just try to ignore the urge but not always easy!
ReplyDeleteA bit of window shopping on Vinted is a great idea when that feeling arises, thanks.
Delete