I Don't Feel Like Dancing

Saturday was a bit of a yeah...no, day.

It was time to try a new recipe, and it was the turn of chickpea and carrot sandwich. This one was a bit of a risk for me due to the creamy filling, which is not my favourite, but I have to try new things. 





 The filling was mashed chickpeas in a mustard/dill/mayo sauce, topped with carrots roasted in a sweet and smoky dressing. I was not a fan, but not for the reason I thought. I could just about manage the creaminess, but it turns out I don't like dill. The carrots were delicious and I think with a number of tweaks I could make this filling work for me. The Chap loved it, and ate my abandoned sandwich later on. 

Secondly, against our better judgement, we went to Lytham Festival. Never again is what we swore the time before, but Pet Shop Boys were on, and that overrode misgivings about the event. 

Both supports - DJ Dave Pearce, and Scissor Sisters were good at what they do, it's just not my cup of tea, but the crowd, wow, there were some right ones in there. People just do not know how to behave, and I'm not saying that as an old fuddy duddy, we go to a lot of live music and don't see the silly sausageness we saw last night. But that's coke for you.

I was ready to go home before the main act came on, but of course I didn't because, as expected, it an incredible show, all the hits and more, the set, the songs, the clothes - Dreamworld. 

Comments

  1. I love the Pet Shop Boys, I'm not surprised that was a great gig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good, I love artists who create a world and we get to spend time in it.

      Delete
  2. The carrots look like bacon! The sandwich sounds like a cool combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did have a bacon feel to it with the crispy edges and smoky flavour, well worth making.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Each to their own goes without saying.