Courgettes etc.

 I didn't just buy courgettes.

My groceries arrived yesterday, and as I love looking at what other people buy, here it is

Non-food. Laundry liquid, handwash, soap. We were killing time before yet another horrendous Burnley match earlier this year when a smell tingled my brain, and almost awoke a long forgotten memory. The fragrance of this soap makes me emotional for something I can't quite remember from a long time ago, and may be something to do with France. 


We're not, on this day, here to delve into the workings of my brain, or to think about a holiday I took when I was five, although that may be more interesting, it would be less healthy. Bread! 


I rarely eat fruit, but  as it's summer I relented and bought a melon. To go with the tiny courgettes are some tiny peppers and some tiny cucumbers. Call for help. 


Pantry stuff. Not much, mainly snacks.


The tofu and houmous section. Well, now I see I have bought two forms of carrot, two forms of beetroot, two forms of avocado, two lots of houmous, and three lots of tofu. That's a lot of multiples, maybe I'll work on that.


Finally, the freezer, where most of the junk lives. Big fan of the cauli wings and those garlic and chive balls - they're like savoury doughnut holes. 

Including delivery, bags and all that business it came to £102.92. Worth it for the garlic and chive balls, could eat them every day. 

If by chance you have any thoughts about the soap, French or not, let me know. 



Comments

  1. I could have been looking at my own weekly shop :)
    I don't particularly have any thoughts about the soap, but it never ceases to amaze me how certain smells can instantly transport us to another place and time. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love it when the fridge is filled with possibilities!

      I'm still not further on with the soap, but you're right, smells are probably the closest thing I have to time travel.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Each to their own goes without saying.