Cake

 I made a cake on Friday. 

Baking is not something I do regularly, in fact I think the last time was probably during lockdown, but I had been tasked with getting cake, and I couldn't bring myself to pay £8 yet again for two pieces from the coffee shop. So I thought, I could do that, I used to bake in infant school, how hard can it be?

So I bought a few bits - flour, chocolate, vanilla and maybe something else. Came home and looked at my easy brownie recipe and just couldn't bring myself to make something so calorie dense. So I squidged two recipes into one, because I'm such an expert, and got going on my brownie making journey. 

Well, what do you know, after I'd poured the mixture into the tin, I spotted a bottle of oil. One I had not used to make brownies. So I scraped the mixture back into the bowl and poured in some oil, yes it does sound disgusting, it looked disgusting too. Back into the tin and into the oven. 

What came out was not a brownie.

Amazingly it was not just edible, but a pretty nice cake. Didn't write down my version of the recipe, so I can't make it again, but I think I learned something, although I'm not sure what.

Comments

  1. This sounds just like something I would do :) Except mine would not be edible. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it turned out as well as it did, an absolute fluke.

      Delete
  2. Well done!!! I really have some aversion to making cakes even I know I should! I just can't bring myself to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm amazed it turned out well, even after the success I can't see it becoming a regular activity for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Each to their own goes without saying.