Read, Ate, Bought, Did - May

 Thank you for your 'welcome back' comments yesterday, much appreciated. 

It was a bit of a packed May, as we had a break in the middle of the month, here are a few highlights


Tara wakes up on November 18th, again and again. She starts to find ways to navigate her way through her new reality - and maybe escape it. I loved this book, less than 200 pages long, and doesn't waste a word. I also love how I came to own it.


I was buying something from our local bookshop when the owner handed me a wrapped book. Someone had donated money to the shop, on their 50th birthday,  for the owner give 50 books away over the course of the year, and I was one of the lucky recipients. 


I'm currently trying a new recipe each week, no photos of that, because I hadn't expected to be here, but here's some avocado on toast I had when I was in Llandudno. In May my new recipes were baked gnocchi, squash bowl with miso dressing, and loaded potato skins, I didn't make anything on holiday, I did have a glass of cider and a large pizza before going to see Super Furry Animals, which although delicious I don't recommend due to the bouncing. 

Most of the May budget went on very dull things, we had a new ceiling, plastering, painting and new carpet. I did pick up one or two things from the charity shop, my favourite of which is this tray table for on the daybed (£4).


I'm currently stitching some pictures inspired by a recent trip to Hodbarrow Nature Reserve in Millom, this is one of the beach. 

Goodbye May. Hello June.

Comments

  1. The book gift is such a lovely idea, and even better that you enjoyed it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a nice thing to do, I hope everyone else enjoyed their book as much as I did.

      Delete
  2. Sorry, I omitted to welcome you back to blogland when I commented on your first post back, but it's lovely to see you posting again. I always find your posts really interesting and intelligently written. Love the tray table, and the quilt. Your stitched pictures look so artistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's very kind of you to say. A totally unplanned return, but here I am!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful picture. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Each to their own goes without saying.