Read, Ate, Bought, Did - June

 I can't remember the start of this month, who knows what happened.


My main read of the month was The Ministry of Time by Kaliane Bradley. I have owned this book for quite some time and finally pushed myself to read it. It follows an unnamed government worker who becomes the bridge for Commander Graham Gore, a Victorian explorer brought to the present day in a time travel experiment. I found this to be a good summer read, not as sci-fi as it may sound, glad I got round to taking it off the shelf. 


As the temperature increased, I ate a lot of food that looks like the above picture, big bowls of vegetables, with as little faff as possible. At the start of the month I bought an annual subscription to a recipe app - the cost of a cook book, and I've already used it for a few recipes, with more to come. My favourite new recipe was harissa tofu and lentils which has a beautiful coconut milk/ harissa sauce, sure to become a regular feature on the menu plan.

Didn't buy too much this month. I'm banning myself from internet shopping after yet another pair of shoes had to be returned, fed up of the delivery, disappointment, waiting for a refund cycle. Blissfully, new bedroom blinds were fitted yesterday - providing relief from the sun in the south west facing room. 

In terms of doing, again, not too much, a bit of pottering here and there, a lot of watching the World Cup. Fresh from the trip to Glasgow we headed to The Piece Hall in Halifax last weekend to see Belle and Sebastian - not a band I'd heard too much of in the past, but it was a fabulous set on a perfect evening, well worth the late night drive home. 

Goodbye June, apparently you've been largely forgettable.



Comments

  1. I think thats my thoughts on June as well. It just sort if happened. I read two books, prompted by book clubs or might not have finished anything new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes that push to finish is much needed. I think it took me three weeks to read the first 50 pages of this book, then a couple of days to read the rest.

      Delete
  2. Your meal looks delicious, Sam. And very similar to what I've been enjoying this week.
    I must be one of the few people not enjoying a barbecue during this warm spell. I can't imagine anything worse than standing over hot flames when the temperatures are so high. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm firmly in your camp when it comes to a barbecue, not my cup of tea.

      Delete
  3. Your food looks great. I've not done a whole lot this month, but in spite of this it has passed super quick. Roll on July.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Each to their own goes without saying.