The three women I've ended up speaking with most are very similar.
They believe they're thoughtful and good with people, so I think they'd be surprised to hear that they're self-centred, terrible listeners and big gossips. You may have experienced this type of person - the ones who ask how you are, thinking you'll say "fine" so they can get you out of the way and talk about them. The ones that never remember, well, anything, if it doesn't impact them. The people who think they're the exception to the rule, and boundaries aren't really a thing. I always say I'm their friend, but they're not mine.
I only mention it because of hilarious messages about absolutely nothingy issues when I was away. Of course they didn't remember I was away, due to lack of interest. I'm being mean because the real reason I'm their sounding board is because they're lonely, and have no-one else to talk to about granola, AI customer service and planning applications. Or maybe they have people to talk to, but no-one who will listen.
I guess in that sense I am a hero.
Comments
Post a Comment
Each to their own goes without saying.