Wednesday, 13 September 2017

Through Another Window

No window posts for ages then two come along at once. 

I got round to doing something with the much neglected side window yesterday. It's a very tight space and the rest of the shop isn't visible from there so it's hard to get the time to make it look nice as I tend to work on my own. 


I like it to look a little different to the main window, but not too different that they clash, so I added a couple of splashes of red. 


I used a scarf as a belt for one of the dresses.


A couple of bits of bric a brac, the red pigs didn't stay there for long!

We have two sets of these display cubes, as long as it's not too wet or windy I'll be bringing one set home today as they weren't painted particularly well and they're already looking shabby so they'll be getting a layer of Dutch White paint to smarten them up a bit. 

14 comments:

  1. There is definitely an art to what you do. I wouldn't have a clue where to start. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite hard sometimes but I enjoy it, I thought it would be a task everyone wanted to do so I'm surprised I'm the only one that does.

      Delete
  2. You've got a great eye! I love how you've colour-linked the two dresses by tying the scarf around the waist. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I know that should someone want to buy the dress it will become a huge deal that the belt is actually a scarf should someone want to buy it but what the heck, I did it anyway!

      Delete
  3. Paint is a wonderful thing. I really like the pop of red in the windows-I'm sure it catches peoples eyes right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have noticed quite a few people looking at the new window which is great.

      Delete
  4. I think I have said this before, but you certainly have an eye for window dressing. The window looks amazing. A good idea to use a scarf for a belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yo're very kind. I love the really exciting themed windows but I just don't have the time or stock to do it.

      Delete
  5. Another great window. I wish you could come to the shop where I work and do your magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I would love to visit and play in a different shop for a while!

      Delete
  6. You certainly have a flare for window dressing - it had become a bit of a dying art that has been revived by the charity shops. I like the poppy tea set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think you're right, there are some fantastic displays out there, it's getting harder to attract customers and quality donations these days so anything to make the shop look more attractive is a good thing.

      Delete
  7. I am in love with the dress on the right. that is just my style.

    I am hoping to go to Bodmin at the weekend. My friend text me a picture of a dress there and I am hoping to bag it for a wedding and a few date nights! It was £5. Which I think is a bargain!

    You are so thoughtful with your windows. I really think this will make a lot more people go in and buy from the shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress is gorgeous isn't it. We do get a lot of positive feedback about the windows and I notice a lot of people stopping to take a look, I have no idea if it brings people in that wouldn't come in otherwise.

      Fingers crossed the dress is still there when you get into town.

      Delete