Sunday, 6 August 2017

Pantry Prep Power Hour

As part of the kitchen rejigle/ getting ready to have the pantry refitted while we wait for the bathroom I tackled a small task that I'd been putting off for a ridiculously long time. I'd been keeping brushes, the mop and assorted other cleaning things on hooks in the pantry and it wasn't very practical, we kept knocking into them and had both been smacked on the head countless times by falling dustpans, so it had to change.

The pantry is pretty narrow at 72 cms from wall to wall, obviously much of that is taken up with shelving, so having mops etc hanging opposite made it pretty difficult to navigate. 


I decided to turn the porch cupboard into a utility area. It has always been a cluttered mish-mash of things - coats, shopping bags, clothes airers, shoes etc. The porch is just as big enough as it needs to be, fits one person at a time and the cupboard is fairly shallow at 45cm (I had to take the doors off to take the picture) but it is ideal for holding all those unattractive but necessary household things. 



Behold! Not exactly a thing of beauty, but it does make things easier. 

This morning has been spent dealing with other micro-tasks, such as putting up some pictures, Dan has replaced some slats on the kitchen blinds, things have gone to the tip and charity shop, all those little things that just make a house better. Next is to venture into the garage to see what we have in terms of paint. 

8 comments:

  1. I an always happy when a good solution to a pesky problem comes to fruition. My rntry closet is a disaster right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cupboard has never really worked well. It doesn't help that the fuse box and electricity meter are tucked right in at the bottom, we need access to both so it's difficult to make the most of the space.

      Delete
  2. Good idea to hang the clothes airers - I might pinch that idea - if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinch away, I don't know why I've only just thought to do it.

      Delete
  3. Looks great and sounds like you're getting your home very organised. I'm sure you'll reap the benefits. I still love your pantry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, things are starting to work well and it's good to be thinning things out so I am used to less cupboard space in the kitchen.

      Delete
  4. Pantry love!💓💓💓💓💓💓 Excellent use of the entry cupboard, I find it hard to put my clothes horses somewhere. Essential but a pain in the behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I don't have a washing line so I use the airers for everything, but they are always in the way!

      Delete