Friday, 11 August 2017

Freebie And Bargain of the Week

I'm not going to lie, the past couple of weeks have not been light on the bank account. 

We have replaced most of the lighting in the house and bought a full length mirror for the main bedroom. I had been peering into the window of The Attik at this mirror for a long time, it was just kind of propped up to one side, not really displayed to any great degree. Finally, after the whole thing with the bathroom we decided to nip in and just ask how much it was. Of course, we both knew that as soon as we set foot through the door we would leave with a mirror, that's the main reason I only peer through the window as I pass by on my way to the charity shop. In fact I frequently take alternative routes to the shop in order to avoid this place altogether, so many beautiful things!



Turns out it's just right for above my little side cabinet/ dressing table thingamy that came with the chest of drawers we bought last year. 

That's really just to put my mini bargains into some kind of context. This week my bargains are all clothes. Someone gave me a top, and I bought two others, so three tops for the sum of £4.50, not too bad. I'm going out with some people from the shop tonight so I'll be giving one of the tops a whirl, the other two are just everyday affairs. I tend to keep my clothing pretty simple, but I am very pleased the the orange and black top, I used to have a top in the same colours but it ripped, so I've been keeping an eye out for a replacement to go with my black white and orange skirt.

First, the freebie, this will be a good one for at the shop.



The other two tops are from next, they look huge but the orange top is an 8 and the other a 6, they're pretty flappy though even so. 





Can't go wrong with some sequins from time to time!

12 comments:

  1. Very smart. I like the mirror too. Money well spent I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The clothes are not things I'd look at in a normal shop, but that's one of the great things about charity shops, you just never know what will turn up.

      Delete
  2. Love the sequin one, I love a bit of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. We've had a few tops like this in recently but this one just took my fancy.

      Delete
  3. The second top is lovely, the print (and colour combo) are very mid-century! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy with that one, no such thing as too much orange in my book (except maybe fake tan).

      Delete
  4. I know the shop you mean very well! Lovely tops-enjoy wearing them. We should have been down at the food festival this weekend but sold our caravan so we can't come😿 Have a happy weekend with Dan and hope he gets the bread made.Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame you can't be here this weekend, despite everything the weather is nice, and lots of people are around in town and for the airshow in Blackpool. We can see many of the planes from the garden so not too far to venture.

      Delete
  5. Sparkly is good.

    Love the mirror.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge??? An 8 and a 6?!!! They must be teeny in real life! Love the mirror. It looks like it's actually a unit you'd buy complete. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just so much fabric around the tummy area!

      The mirror is a really great match for the other unit. It might eventually hang on the wall but we have no fixings at the moment, or a drill for that matter.

      Delete