Thursday, 1 June 2017

More Poking In Cupboards

You may have seen my sideboard in the background of some of my pictures here, we mainly bought it, well because we liked it, but we wanted space to store books. The book part is neat and tidy, but behind closed drawers?


I'm a stasher, always have been and the pull down section of the sideboard is ideal for stashing, much of the stuff in here has made its way home from the charity shop and ends up here for now.


Packets and packets of seeds, lots of postcards, wrapping paper, craft things, and other bits and bobs. Some of it has been put away, some of it has been binned/recycled. 


Closing the napkin drawer was near impossible


Just folding them in a different way solved the problem


And the other drawer


Yet more paper! Some has been recycled, other bits have been put away


Now the inside is a neat as the outside!


8 comments:

  1. Lovely and tidy now. Although I didn't notice the mess once I saw those napkins. They are fabulous! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The napkins are cute aren't they, the ones on the left have cute applique fruits and came along with the record player as packing, the others were just from Debenhams a few years ago.

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how just folding things differently can make all the difference. Great job. Looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. For a few moments as I folded a stack of napkins I had a really nostalgic feeling about a hotel I worked at 20 years ago!

      Delete
  3. Very good work tidying things up. I am a stasher as well and can totally relate.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only stasher here.

      Delete
  4. I love your sideboard. Is it Schrieber or G-Plan? I am on the look out for one at the moment. I want to be able to put the hi-fi on top and the cupboards to be big enough to store albums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sideboard is Avalon, it's a cheaper brand, so there tends to be a little bit of snobbery about it in my experience because they aren't as well built as the more expensive brands. I love this sideboard though, it looks great, is sturdy - the drawers work well, no real damage to the wood, and most importantly it does the job I need it to do. My house isn't fancy so I don't need the fashionable brands to make it look good!

      Delete