Friday, 23 June 2017

In The Window

Even though we were on holiday only a few weeks ago, we are on holiday again next week - why not? So, on the hottest day of the year, I primped the window at the charity shop. I actually think I had a little bit of heatstroke afterwards as I felt sick and all manner of other things, it took me an age to walk home. Never to worry. I decided to not go for an obvious summer theme but instead went for lights and metallics. The massive bonus of taking this route is that there's no need to stuff the display, as the shine does a lot of the work. 







I stole the idea of using jars to display accessories from a charity shop merchandising page on facebook. As seen from outside 



It's a bit subtle, but it received a lot of attention. And of course after doing a very summery window it rained the following day!

19 comments:

  1. I love it, when all the other windows have the same florals that one will stand out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Our stand in manager is pretty traditional but I do like to have things looking a little different to the other charity shops.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. It's quite hard to use colours I wouldn't really wear myself, but it keeps things interesting for me.

      Delete
  3. The shop window looks terrific. I bet the look will draw folks in for extra shopping. It is easy to overdo in the heat. I hear your UK weather is quite unusual these days to have so much repeated hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, for here we have had some hot weather, it's gone again now though.

      Delete
  4. I do apologise for my wicked sense of humour, but it was always going to happen. A nice summery window and then a downpour! Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know, it was always going to happen wasn't it!

      Delete
  5. Your window looks fabulous! Lovely clothing and accessories..
    Have a lovely holiday!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for popping in to leave a comment.

      Delete
  6. Great display - you have captured a summery look without resorting to holiday /beach wear. I am not a bling person but even I would agree that a bit of sparkle often helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I like to do things a little differently.

      Delete
  7. Looks brilliant!

    And that dangly owl necklace... I have one just like it. A gift from my late mother, also from a charity shop. I am inspired to give it an outing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Nice to see you here. The owls are so cute, yeah get yours out and give it a whirl!

      Delete
  8. So eye catching. You once again did a lovely job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete