Thursday, 4 May 2017

Living High On The Hedgehog

I'm not a huge fan of online shopping but I am also not a huge fan of lugging heavy shopping through town so something had to give. Dan is also keen for us to eat more local/British food, as it was time to restock the pantry I turned to Hodmedod'sDespite my peri-peri fava bean induced "moment" and subsequent spending spree, Hodmedod products are welcome in my pantry. 


Food for us and new toys for rabbits - they love a cardboard box.


I went for the mixed pack of tins, both their plain beans and ready made foods, I'm looking forward to the dhal, and a pack of twelve tins of carlin peas - great for chilli, falafel, parched peas, and apparently chocolate brownies! 


I'm running low on gram flour so decided to try some yellow pea flour instead, and a kilo bag of quinoa. I love finding a little extra something tucked into an order so was delighted to find a selection of recipe cards


The very thrifty may wish to look away, this little lot cost me just over £35, delivery was quick and painless and I can't wait to get stuck in.

Of course no-one would be desperate enough for publicity to ask me to say nice things about them. I thought all of this up by myself and bought it with my own cash. 

8 comments:

  1. I am not a vegetarian but don't eat meat every night, it all looks really nice, apart from a few orders a year from approved foods I have only ever shopped from Tesco online twice, dried and tinned goods are fine to buy but fresh veg etc I like to choose myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, I like to choose my own fresh produce too.

      Delete
  2. LOVE Hodmedods, for a few years now we've bought a couple of the really big sacks of beans or peas at a time and just lived off them for months! They do tonnes of organic now too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good aren't they! We have bought some products from the health food shop but we saved money buying online and it means all I had to do was pack it away rather than lug it about!

      Delete
  3. Black badger brownies sound interesting, the thrifty part of me loves a freebie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do sound interesting, I've seen bean brownies before but I've not yet tried them.

      Delete
  4. I've tried Hodmedod's stuff before and i think it's great quality. I even liked the beans and I usually will not touch baked beans. I love that there is a British producer growing quinoa too. Intriuged about the brownies though I have made black bean brownies before and they were surprisingly good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really interested to try the quinoa, it has good reviews.

      I usually make my own baked beans but I hope I like these, it's good to have a few convenience foods to fall back on.

      I'll be sure to let everyone know if I try the brownies.

      Delete