I've seen a lot of love for the shop Home Bargains recently so I thought I'd share my top ten favourite things. I was going to do a vlog but honestly I'm just too squeaky in the voice department.
I shop here a lot mainly because I pass on my way home from the charity shop, there are loads of good things to be had but these are the things we have in all the time. In no particular order
1. Dried fruit. We eat dried fruit every day, especially dates, this is Dan's favourite brand, 89p for 500g.
2. Seeds. We use these a lot too, mainly at breakfast time, but also in salads and as a snack. 225g ground linseed approx. £1.50, 200g chia seeds also around £1.50, 125g pumpkin seeds 79p.
3. Cleaning paste. I love this stuff, it's what I used to remove the rust marks from our bath and the chrome legs of our dining table plus all manner of other tasks about the place, costs about £1.
4. Assorted jars of stuff for sauces. Cheap, cheerful, I'm not a gourmet so I can't tell the difference between these and the fancy ones Less than £2 per jar.
5. Nuts. We also eat a lot of these. I do buy larger bags from elsewhere but I always have these. 200g mixed nuts £1.79/ 200g walnut halves £1.89.
6. Noodles. I usually buy big bags of these from the Chinese supermarket but if we've not been for a while I buy these, around 59p for 200g.
7. Brown basmati rice 1kg £1.
8. Chickpeas. We eat tons of these, 400g tin, 29p
9. Menu board, 99p including a pack of chalk, I use this every day.
10. Treats! These date hearts and orange flavour chocolate were 19p each, I also love the coconut Ruffle bars, I think they're 5 bars for 89p. There's always a little something there so I have to use my willpower!
I buy lots of other things like wraps, tinned tomatoes, coconut milk, cleaning products, stationery etc, but these are the things you'll always find in my pantry.