Thursday, 25 May 2017

Charity Shop Bonanza

I haven't bought anything from the charity shop for a little while, but yesterday I came home with a pile of stuff, and they were all on my wish list.

My intention had been to buy a pair of leggings on the way home but I ended up buying two pairs of brand new with tags jeggings (one Sainsbury's one M&S) from the shop. Not my usual type of thing but I want something thicker than tights for when the football starts after a Sam Vokes induced flashing incident - I jumped up when he scored and my skirt flew up a bit too high too! Delightful.

As well as eating a lot of cake on our holiday I ate a lot of salad, and some of them looked as beautiful as they tasted, I had a spiralizer before but it was a handheld one and not easy to use. Yesterday I picked up a new, slightly more robust one



I've had a little test with some carrots. 

Finally a customer asked me if I'd do him a favour (always a worrying notion) and take five tomato plants off his hands, so of course I said yes, and took them home for £1.49!



There are three different varieties - Alicante, Shirley and Moneymaker, so we'll see how it goes.

12 comments:

  1. Oh dear about the flashing incident! I was at a 40's event once, as a reenactor, wearing a dress and period appropriate undergarments when a gust of wind sent the skirt of my dress high in the air, just as two men walked by. I was hopeful they hadn't seen, but when one commented, "Nice to meet you too," I was absolutely mortified, as they had seen everything. I made a petticoat the very next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll still be wearing dresses over the top, but something a bit thicker than regular tights will at least protect my modesty! A petticoat sounds like a far more attractive solution (although I don't think I'd fit into my seat with a fuller skirt!).

      Delete
  2. Healthy looking tomato plants! When I'm at the gym, the TVs are always running ads for the Veggie Bullet, a food processor / fancy spiralizer that sells for about $150. It looks very tempting but as soon as I get home, I come to my senses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a bit of a daft gadget to own, but I do enjoy a pretty salad!

      Delete
  3. The Spiraliser looks like a Fisher Price toy does it make a noise or play a tune when you wind the handle? Those tomato plants are a good bargain - I have grown all those varieties in the past but couldn't say which tastes better - but then it may be a personal preference thing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I think that only happens with the deluxe version!

      Delete
  4. You did have a Bonanza!! Good work.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great haul. I did smile about the need for leggings it brought back memories of me showing my undies at the park playing with the Grandchildren who thought it was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh, that sounds a good lot! Just seen the answer to my previous Spiralizer question! I wear leggings more than tights for that same reason too! I flashed an entire playground of parents one day as I was walking across the playground with a large box of drums in my hands and the wind blew my circle skirt skywards! Mortifying!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's a bad thing to happen with drums in hand!

      Delete