Wednesday, 12 April 2017

In The Frame

After saying I didn't know what I'd do with some of the craft items I'd been given I decided to choose what to keep and what to donate. I decided to make the most of my original seaside inspired doodle and frame sections using the embroidery hoops. 


My original plan was to have a large panel, but when I'd done it I didn't like it, chopping the fabric has made things better, I think I'll just hang a selection up around the place. 





I quite like them, and it's better than having things stashed in the sideboard doing nothing much for anybody.

20 comments:

  1. They look so lovely. What a great idea. I think they might look nice hung in a group. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was thinking of hanging them together, maybe in the stairwell as we have a nice wall area there.

      Delete
  2. They look beautiful - works of art. Definitely worth hanging on your wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, what a good idea to divide them up like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's fun to move the frames around to select a nice area.

      Delete
  4. I really like these. Cutting up the larger piece and framing them with those embroidery hoops turned out perfectly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it really has worked well.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty, like the tones and your lovely, meandering lines. What a small, neat stitch you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll share some photographs of the area that inspired me next time I'm passing.

      Delete
  6. They look really effective in the little frames... what a nice idea. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's nice to finally use it for something after being in the cupboard for years.

      Delete
  7. With the wooden frames they look brilliant, great plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the wood really gives the whole thing a boost.

      Delete