Skip to main content

April Week Three

Other than £3 on a football programme (I was beyond disappointed that Zlatan was injured and wouldn't play) and some groceries we haven't spent much money on ourselves this week. We even treated ourselves to a lazy afternoon and parked on a car park in town rather than up using on-street parking up the hill when we went to the football, the car park is free on Sundays. The day improved immeasurably when we were able to meet up with some friends who were in the area for the weekend. 

I bought Father's birthday gift, how the times change - its from the charity shop! He's not a charity shop person, but when I mentioned a lot of brand new garden tools we had (they were donated, but still in their packaging) he became interested. My parents had passed on Easter eggs for the children so between the gift and the eggs it all worked out even, plus it made buying a birthday gift far more simple, he's not easy to buy for!

A few things we ate this week, it was a bit leftovers upon leftovers but that's fine by me 



Thai green curry noodles with broccoli and peas/ leftover curries and sweet potato fries (I had to have them after Kezzie mentioned them the other day)



bulgur with roast veg/ burritos with bulgur and sweet potato chilli




I made a cake! I really, really wanted a muffin, but I didn't have the necessary ingredients and I didn't want to go out just to buy them when I could make do for the time being. It's cherry and mango, a variation on the East Coast Coffee Cake from Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra, looks a bit boring, tastes lovely. / leftover chilli made into a pasty (I made two pasties from half a sheet of puff pastry, in this picture is half of one). Yes, we have a lot of bulgur to get through.

Comments

  1. I was amazed that the meals in the photos are leftovers, each and everyone look great. I could just eat a nice muffin, sadly I don't have the ingredients and the supermarket is a 40 minute drive away. I am working on stocking up the store cupboard and freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'm going to try a muffin next month, I need a little restock too.

      Delete
  2. It all looks delicious. Your food always looks so colourful and fresh. Drinks and cake eaten outside is always a bonus. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do try hard to balance the budget along with making sure we get all the nutrients we need.

      Delete
  3. All your meals look so attractive. Hope your dad likes his presents.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think he will like them, he loves tools!

      Delete
  4. That cake recipe looks very interesting. I just might have to give it a try, providing I can find all the ingredients.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good cake and easy to make, I didn't make the crumble topping this time but it's very tasty.

      Delete
  5. Mwa ha ha, the power of suggestion eh?!?!?! Your food looks nice! I NEVER make cake- it's like I am allergic to it or something! I just made a jelly which I have put in the fridge- trying to use things up in the cupboard in case we suddenly move forward on the house buying! I quite like leftover meals though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to make cake, it's only the past couple of months I've done it, doubt I'll ever be a Bake Off contestant!

      Good luck with the house buying.

      Delete

Post a Comment