Tuesday, 28 March 2017

The Doodle



It must be something about this time of year. I mentioned it this time last year here. It was based on something I did years ago, before I started making quilts. Now I've decided to have a quilting break I've picked it up again. It's not for anything, it's just a doodle so I can work on it as much or as little as I like, it doesn't need to be anything, or even look good, it's just a nice way to pass the time. 






I still have the original one but it was just hanging around so I decided to chop it up and use it on the new one. As Dale Cooper may have put it - I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange*.

*although nowhere near as good as Twin Peaks obviously - less than two months to wait now!

12 comments:

  1. It's very delicate, just lovely. Is that 'circle' hand embroidered? You have the patience of a saint.

    You might find this blog interesting:
    https://boostitch.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, the circle is hand embroidered, it's very relaxing, when there's no real plan it's easier to be patient about it.

      Thanks for the link, it's a lovely blog.

      Delete
  2. Love it. You are an art quilter now. AKA textile artist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I shall update my business cards!

      Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I like the texture to this. I'm looking forward to seeing its progress. It's good to have a project you can pick up as and when time allows. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's fun to have an open ended project like this, no pressure, just enjoyment.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a fun little hobby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this piece of embroidery work of yours. It looks like it's going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very arty and creative - quite different in feel to the quilts - can't wait to see where this takes you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's so much fun to do. This is a lot more "me" than the quilts, but I wanted to make a quilt initially to see if I could get through the whole process - I'm not really a finisher.

      Delete