Skip to main content

March Week Two

A very quiet week, we had a few errands to run but we stayed at home most of the time, which was great. After a bit too much faff the washing machine turned up, so there was a little expense there. The new fence panels are in place, our neighbour came round on Saturday to help Dan. It turns out they're not really bothered about gardening at all and rather than being bothered about our ivy growing over their side of the fence they quite like it! 

I made a couple of cushion covers for the dining chairs, using some fabric I bought at the start of the year for £3 (I think) from Stockport Vintage Village. 



Very comfy, with a tiny stripe of orange.



Nothing else to report, a very quiet week financially.

A few things we ate this week 



cauliflower chickpea curry (recipe here)/ chocolate cake/ parsnip and leek soup




chilli hotpot based on this recipe that popped up on Facebook as I was trying to decide what to eat on Sunday/ bit of salad/ kale pesto - I wasn't a fan, Dan doesn't mind it


I lost the third picture! scones/ buffalo cauliflower bites

I had never eaten buffalo chicken wings so had no idea of the flavour, however Dan had eaten them before and said they had the right taste and texture, very spicy, very tasty. 

We're hoping to get out into the garden this weekend so fingers crossed for a no spend period, I don't think we'll be going shopping, I'll just pick up some chickpeas when I'm in the town. That's about it. 

Comments

  1. My daughter's both love buffalo cauliflower. Yours has the nice roasting to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was really tasty, if very spicy!

      Delete
  2. Your cushions look great, you have a lovely home, your food looks scrumtious as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cushions are the best make over ever for a room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cushion covers look lovely! I couldn't eat Buffalo Chicken wings, far too spicy for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, the coating was so spicy, you have to be a fan of heat to go for them.

      Delete
  5. The cushions look lovely. I'm intrigued by the buffalo cauliflower bites, they also look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      The cauliflower bites took a while to cook but they were really simple.

      Delete
  6. Love a Bernard Wardle print - my finds usually end up as dresses! Your cushion covers look ace.
    I didn't realise you visited Stockport! We're trading there next month (I think!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just bought the fabric because I liked it, but when the orange chair turned up cushions made sense. Some of the prints would make great dresses I agree.

      We don't go to Stockport often but I've bought some really useful fabric from the market and the 20th Century shop, worth the trip for me. I'll be sure to say hi if I ever spot you!

      Delete
  7. I like the fabric you used on your cushions. I have a couple of Bernard Wardle fabrics in my collection. Yours is particularly striking though. A great bargain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice fabric, feels great too. It's ideal for the dining area, all the colours we have in there, plus a nice bold stripe what could be better?

      Delete
  8. Lovely fabric and you got a great deal on it. I have often thought of making buffalo cauliflower bites but have never done so. You have given me the impetus to do so.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they're also really comfy.

      Let me know what you think if you try the cauliflower bites. As I said, I went into it with no knowledge of how they should taste, but I enjoyed them.

      Delete
  9. Love the fabric - I would really welcome a quiet week - sometimes I am a frenzied wreck by the end of the week. Shopping for me tomorrow night - hope Sainsbury's are putting out plenty of offers ready for my visit! Chickpeas are on my list too - have exhausted my stock now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      A quiet week is just the ticket sometimes, just a little pause before it all starts up again. Hope you find all the bargains when you go shopping.

      Delete
  10. I love the fabric - it looks perfect made into cushion covers. Delicious looking food as always. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment