Skip to main content

In The Kitchen


Delivery for my new dining chair was between 7am and 2pm yesterday, I think it's already obvious what happened. With no exaggeration whatsoever, at 10 seconds to 2pm a man ran up the drive and rang the doorbell! I don't break into so much as a light jog for any reason so I was impressed. 


I can never have too much orange!


Perfect fit, and now you can all come round for tea! Three at a time obviously. 

Dan phoned a washing machine repair man who said he could come out but asked a few questions first, he heard my description of what was wrong and said "does it sound like there's a load of bricks in it?" I replied that it did. Then there was the sharp intake of breath, you know the one "it's your something-or-other bearings, I could fix it but it would be £200, you'd be better off with a new one. Ring me when you have something cheaper to repair!" he laughed. 

Oh dear.

So we went to see my MIL with a couple of loads of laundry, we came away with clean clothes and the offer of a second hand washing machine. Excellent! So all we need is a van to collect it (nothing fits in our car). The only slight downside is that Dan has had to send his ID off to a solicitor for something totally different. It'll work out, it may just take a while! There's a lot of not all that good stuff going on at the moment, but this is something that is good for us and helps someone out too.

Comments

  1. I know what you mean when you say there's a lot of 'not all that good stuff going on'. Life's a bit like that for us at the moment with car troubles and vet fees, etc. Better just about manageable financial trouble than serious health troubles I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of what a pain, as you say better or it to be financial niggles that you can cope with.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love the orange chair, it's so bright and funky! Good news about the second hand washing machine, those things can be really expensive when bought new. I bought mine brand new 6 years ago and thankfully it's still going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My machine was 7 years old, I don't know if that's the lifespan these days but it's always annoying to lose an expensive things like that, it is just a coincidence that this week of all weeks there was one going spare.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous chair! Good luck with the next washing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new chair is really gorgeous - it looks great in that corner. I hope all the other stuff gets better soon. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love the chair and the other stuff just has to go the distance, there's nothing we can do we can only manage things a little, it's just the way life goes.

      Delete
  5. I must admit I have never come across this design before but it is very nice and I do like the orange - very retro. I have some smoked orange glass candle holders and bright orange candles from the sixties that would go very well with your room and an orange enamel salad bowl from Sweden to die for that I bought my mum in 1967.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your orange things sound amazing! I don't know how we started along the road of orange but I love it.

      Being the Festival of Britain fan that I am I love Robin Day's designs and polyprop chairs are an affordable way for me to have a little of his magic in my own home.

      Delete
  6. Love those chairs!
    I realised recently that everything I have brought into the lounge of the new house is orange, including sofa, table, chair, curtains, lampshades...! Still think you can never have too much though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Orange is amazing and very underrated, an orange sofa gets the big thumbs up from me. I may have to do a house tour of all my orange things.

      Delete
  7. Love the colour of the chair, fabulous. Good news about the washing machine xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thanks for popping over!

      Delete
  8. The whole, "It'll be cheaper to buy a new one," really annoys me when they say that. It's so bad for the environment! I wish there was some way round that!! Your chair is preeeeetty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's not something I'd like to hear, but in this case I don't know if i would want to spend £200 on a 7 year old machine, very annoying.

      Delete
  9. Ohhh, I love, love, love that orange chair. A perfect pop of colour.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That orange chair is stunning! Robin Day, always so classic and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, so simple and beautiful.

      Delete
  11. I have over the years been drawn to the colour orange a lot more now than i did in my youth. Love the chair. And hope you get the washing machine sorted out, getting a new one is quite expensive. I hope things work out wonderfully for you and are a lot more upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shaheen. It feels like we are getting somewhere, both with the washing machine and generally!

      I know what you mean about enjoying orange more now than in the past, I would always have said my favourite colour was red, but there's just something about orange that suits me now.

      Delete

Post a Comment