Skip to main content

Happy Mundane Again

I forgot to add a link for the buffalo cauliflower. There are dozens of recipes available but I chose this recipe from PopSugar as it was really simple.

Massive error of the week was to branch out and speak to people who are not my usual bunch of people, blimey, remind me to not be so rash next time. 

There's another orange thing in my house, it's something I use every day, obviously taking it for granted. 


The door curtain, well it's a sheet but it does a good job and didn't involve any sewing. 

Speaking of which, the sewing machine is out again. As we're going to be based close to home for much of the time this year we decided that picnics and time at the beach are going to feature heavily. So I am making a beach/ picnic blanket. I've never made a quilt using the sewing machine before, but as I would like to use the blanket this summer rather than in 2019 I threw caution to the wind. I will need to buy some wadding, but everything else is a stash buster. 

I made the back yesterday before I went to the shop, which reminds me, another orange thing, the seat pads for our garden chairs, I spoke about them here.


I've made a start on the top today, it's animal heavy, which seems appropriate for picnics. 






Comments

  1. Thanks for the link to the recipe - sounds good. Roll on beach weather.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, I don't think I need to get it finished by this weekend though!

      Delete
  2. I had never heard of Buffalo wings before I saw your post the other day but I thought the Buffalo cauliflower was some kind of giant cauliflower!! The Buffalo Cauliflower looks quite nice - I will have a go - will have to remove the garlic powder though as I am allergic to it. Like the patchwork - is that little bunnies on the dark green?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giant cauliflowers would be amazing! I can't remember if I added garlic to the flour now I think about it, it will be fine without.

      There are bunnies and pheasants (I think) on the dark green fabric, the white ovals on the pink fabric are bunnies too.

      Delete
  3. The quilt is looking good. It makes me wish I could sew. Like you I'm getting ready for some picnics. Fingers crossed now that the better weather is on the way. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I pretty much make sewing up as I go along and ask YouTube when I don't know how to do something!

      I do hope we have some good weather, I'm not really one for eating outside, but it's time to give it a try.

      Delete
  4. Your picnic blanket will be lovely.

    Thanks for sharing the recipe you used.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a fun thing to make.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm pleased with how they look together.

      Delete
  6. Cauliflowers were 50p at Booths yesterday - great big ones with loads of leaves! Leaves for soup and going to try your recipe for a film snack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it.

      50p caulis are a bargain, might have to venture to Booths.

      Delete

Post a Comment