Sunday, 12 March 2017

Convenience Shopping

The new to us washing machine is coming this afternoon so we needed to nip the cashpoint. The person delivering the machine is from a charity (it's a long story) so we said we'd give a donation and pay for their fuel, it's still easier and less expensive than hiring the van ourselves. The new fence panels were fitted yesterday by Dan and our neighbour, their landlord is going to pay half the bill which is a very good thing. 

So we decided to walk to town via the beach as it was such gorgeous weather, I'm so glad we did. 



There were so many people there, most walking dogs a few horses and lots of noisy birds!

It was still before 10am when we decided to head home, but I've been conscious of how much brown food we've been eating recently so we decided to go to the convenience shop in the town to buy some vegetables (and biscuits) as it was the only shop open. 



We paid a little for the convenience - £7.10, but I wasn't disappointed by how much we got for our money either, there's enough for a bit of salad with the red pepper, carrot and tomatoes, greens for rabbits, and for evening meals for the week so I'm pleased. Dan saw cauliflower couscous for the first time so I think that may be in our plans for the future too. 

14 comments:

  1. Stunning beach photo! I am surprised you can get such nice veggies at the local convenience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a beautiful morning.

      The convenience store is part of the largest supermarket chain here so the selection is pretty good, not like the little corner shops we had when I was little.

      Delete
  2. Wow, the beach looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beach here is huge, I love the view when I first pop my head over the top of the dunes.

      Delete
  3. The picture with the veggies is very good! I would say it's professionally done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to lay all my shopping out before I put it away, no idea why I just always have done.

      Delete
  4. That is a smashing beach photo. Nothing beats a good walk to blow away the cobwebs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you're quite right. We don't visit anywhere near as much as we should, but when we do it's great.

      Delete
  5. I love that you get so much for your money when buying fruit and veg. You've got a good haul there xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, and the meals just suggest themselves when I look at everything laid out like that.

      Delete
  6. A nice haul there and it looks pretty fresh too. I use cauliflower in lots of forms, my favourite is as a mashed potato substitute, I often roast it before turning it into soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised by how fresh everything was, especially as it was first thing on a Sunday, I can't believe I got all that broccoli for 47p!

      I love roast cauliflower, I've not had cauliflower soup for years I might have to make some. We're going to try making couscous/rice this week.

      Delete
  7. That view is wonderful! I love buying a huge basket full of veg- so satisfying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The possibilities when presented with a big basket of veg are just fantastic!

      Our beach may not have cliffs and little coves but it is huuuuuuuge and very sandy!

      Delete