Saturday, 18 February 2017

Sew and Sow

We went to Kendal yesterday, and while I knew we wouldn't find anything as exciting as last time we had a mooch around the charity shops anyway and I wasn't disappointed. I used to own some very nice but very slouchy boots and they lead to be getting very holey socks due to my foot sliding about. 


I spent 99p on a device to make repairing them easier. So that's my job for tomorrow, unless it's nice in which case I'll be in the garden hoping that my poking about will make things better (I've been watching Big Dreams Small Spaces), and I assume the usual heated discussion about the future of the rhododendron .

Today, after the football, I need to hunt down a chain for the bathroom sink, we have the bit that fits into the sink, we have a plug, but the two aren't connected at the moment.

14 comments:

  1. I have a darning mushroom too, mine is a fly agaric design and it makes the job so much easier, though I highly recommend proper darning thread if you don't have it already x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds beautiful. I will get hold of some darning thread when I'm out and about, thanks.

      Delete
  2. I love your darning mushroom. I have a few of these as I used to collect vintage sewing paraphenalia. They are a handy little gadget and beautiful objects in their own right. Good luck with your darning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have been doing some repairs, but as you say the right tool makes things easier, and for 99p I've not broken the bank.

      Delete
  3. You certainly got a bargain with the darning egg. It is so spring like weather wise my neighbours have started mowing their lawns, I personally think it is a tad early yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it's a bit early for that too. We still have a large pile of clippings to get into the green bin and a few other bits and bobs to do, just to tidy up a little.

      Delete
  4. I find darning socks to be very relaxing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind doing it at all, it's a nice little task isn't it.

      Delete
  5. We love Monty Don in this house too. Such a lovely programme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only started watching him last year but I always feel so inspired that even with our tiny budget we can make a pretty space.

      Delete
  6. Is this a darning egg!?!?!?x

    ReplyDelete