Monday, 27 February 2017

Search Party

I'm not and never will be a maven or a taste maker or any of those things, the very thought of it is on the one hand hilarious and on the other weird and unsettling. Which brings me (as if I planned it) to talk about something I have only just seen so I assume everyone else in the known universe has already forgotten about. I know not everyone watches television but have any of the tv watchers here seen the show Search Party? I saw an advert for the the other day and it looked interesting, plus Alia Shawkat plays the main character and of course I love Arrested Development.

Anyway, this comedy-thriller (10 x 20 minutes episodes) follows twenty-something Dory and her three similarly annoying, self-obsessed friends as they attempt to discover what happened to a distant former college mate who has disappeared. We found parts of it to be laugh out loud funny as well as being intrigued. Growing up I was a massive fan of Tales of the Unexpected, if you liked that, you'll probably like this updated version too, it's fresh, looks great, and features a house I would very much like to have as a holiday home in the final episode!

The whole series is available on All4. 

Our search for a tea caddy is also over. We've been looking around for one for a while now, yesterday we almost bought one but then I remembered something I bought from the charity shop some time last year. During the summer I used it as a pot for some basil, but it was living under the sink doing nothing. Dan was initially unconvinced (mainly because it was under the sink) but now we have our perfect fit tea caddy!


It was a simple weekend after all. 

18 comments:

  1. I've seen adverts for the show, but I haven't watched it. Great tea caddy, it's very unusual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good show.

      The unusual shape is what attracted me to the pot, it's cute isn't it.

      Delete
  2. I love that type of show. It is a nice change from the other junk of the tv. That is a very nice tea caddy. Love both the color and design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what a lot of junk there is on the tv at the moment!

      Delete
  3. Pretty tea caddy!! Love it, and love the fact that you used something you already had. Way to go.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had the realisation when we were looking at the other things, it's amazing how easy it can be to overlook something you already have, in my case because I'd bought it for another purpose.

      Delete
  4. Have just had to look the word maven up...new one to me!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I must have read it somewhere!

      Delete
  5. I saw that programme being advertised but never really followed it up. We also have a non-tea-caddy tea-caddy. Ours is a blue and white striped cornish ware salt urn bargainously purchased from a charity shop years ago when we only had tuppence to rub, mind you, we're a bit like that now. My, how times has changed (not) ... !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good show, and made me very glad there was no social media when I was younger.

      I like the sound of your salt urn, Dan's step mum loves blue and white cornish ware.

      Delete
  6. I love it the shape is so unusual. Are there any markings, for some reason it looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Ellgreave Saxony, I assume a casserole pot. I love the shape, it's what drew me to it (and I think it was really cheap).

      Delete
  7. I love it when something can be repurposed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tea caddy. It's such a good use for it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can't believe it's such a good fit for the space too - I can still wedge my rice paper wrappers down the side!

      Delete
  9. Haven't seen Search Party - I often get to know about programs from my work colleagues - will look out for it.
    Like your Tea Caddy - do you have leaf tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very quick and easy watch.

      Yes we have loose tea, there's a great shop in Lancaster where we buy all our tea and coffee, and of course there is a rather nice coffee shop next door!

      Delete