Thursday, 23 February 2017

Lazy Days

We have no plans for this weekend, which is lucky as we're at the end of the budget, so we're planning to stay this weekend. We often plan to stay in but then we realise we really, really like to go out! 

We went to Keswick last Friday and in a cafe I saw a book I'd not come across before. If there is one thing other than rabbits, being in bed, cephalopods, tea and Twin Peaks that I like it is brunch. Brunch is just the best, you can have what you like and it's not weird! Want a beer? Have one! Can't choose between sweet and savoury? You don't have to! Alone or with a gang of people, doesn't matter! Anything goes at brunch, no-one will judge your choice. One thing I will say is that if somewhere offers an all day breakfast the drink is part of the meal - no paying extra for a cup of tea or coffee (I feel very strongly about that).

I still had a Waterstones voucher from my birthday so I used it to buy this - 



We've decided to make Saturdays at home a bit more special so we look in at our cosy time at home and continuing to love our house more. So it's going to be like the good old days of a newspaper, good food, the radio and lots of lounging. It feels like I haven't slept for weeks so I am more than ready for it. 




18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan to me. We rarely go anywhere on weekends and love it although we should perhaps make more effort sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can feel a little out on a limb here (which sometimes is good) so we do like to stride out at the weekend, plus we're at the football every other week. It's time to embrace home a bit more and really appreciate those days out.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of intentional, cozy Saturdays at home - with treats! I <3 cephalopods too...so smart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, glad to meet another fan!

      Intentional is the word, I'll keep that at the centre of my thoughts.

      Delete
  3. Good luck to you both, it sounds fun. Instead of going out today for a lunch date we went to Morrisons, picked out salady stuff and a fruit trifle each and ate at home. No getting blown about and warm and cosy. It's a Sunday laze about day today.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum. I think you made a good choice yesterday. I was glad it wasn't a very high tide, made things a bit safer. I stayed at home and did some baking.

      Delete
  4. I have a similar day planned for this Saturday on a rare Saturday at home. I have that book and there are some lovely things in it. I always make the tomato scones recipe when we have bake sales at work and they go down well. They are nice with soup as a change from plain bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FUnny you should mention the scones, that was the first recipe Dan said he would like to try. I got Veganomicon for my birthday too, I'm working my way through that at the moment, I think I'll use it a lot.

      Enjoy your time at home.

      Delete
  5. The book looks interesting, I did pop over to search it out and it is on my wish list (birthday present ideas). The tofu omelette has some of my favourite ingredients so is on the menu tonight, I was surprised to see the complete recipe on "look inside" pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed the omelette. It is unusual to see the whole recipe what a great thing. There are lots of recipes on the website too www.isachandra.com

      Delete
  6. I am a great fan of a brunch too. Looks like you are loving your home a little more each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am, just choosing to feel a certain way makes a massive difference and everything seems easier. Brunch is great, if I ever have the choice when we eat out I always choose to go for brunch.

      Delete
  7. I am glad I am not the only one who feels very tired right now. Is it the weather? I dont know.

    A new series of Twin Peaks is on soon. Gosh Bob used to frighten me! eek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be the weather, the sun is out today so I hope it will recharge my batteries a little.

      I don't know if you know but Twin Peaks will air on Sky Atlantic at 2am on Monday May 22nd, and repeated on May 23rd at 9pm. I think the first episode is a two hour extra special treat too. There are certain Bob scenes that are still soooo weirdly creepy.

      Delete
  8. Have a lovely and restful weekend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yessssss, I love a brunch too for the same reasons. One of the things I loved about living in Indonesia was eating rice, veg and tempeh, tofu etc for Breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine. So glad to hear there is a lot of love for brunch!

      Delete