Skip to main content

Jam Buns And Things


The recipe for jam buns comes from this book, I think it was a gift when my parents got married.


Easy peasy!

We were chatting about all the new potential houses (well, there were three, two on the same street) as Dan washed the dishes, I looked up and saw this scene, it was the thing that made me want to embrace this house instead. 


Nothing exciting or even nice to look at, but it just looked cosy, washing up and all! We just dealt with all those little things that have been as they are for so long you just stop seeing them 


The wii fit board is only ever used as an anti-rabbit barrier.


Now it just needs defluffing! The Lego fence is also an anti-rabbit device.

So the list of things yesterday - rehung the fabric panels, remade the spare beds, returned everything to the blue sideboard, refilled the green bin, removed the horrible rug from under the dining table, put the decorative stuff on the window sill, moved the wii fit board, removed the junk from the tea trolley, watered plants, fixed the bathroom plug, cleaned the soap dish and other kitchen things, tidied top shelf of pantry, cleaned cupboard doors in the kitchen, cleaned kitchen tiles, got rid of cobwebs, cleaned bathroom cabinet and mirrors, made jam buns, houmous and pasta salad, cleaned lamp shades, Dan tidied his bedside table, flipped sofa and chair cushions.

  

Comments

  1. Its amazing what a different perspective is seen once you start to declutter. We were amazed by how much stuff we had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine. Other than general rubbish/recycling the only thing that has been decluttered as such is the rug, I'll take that to the charity shop today, but I agree, once you get started it's amazing to see the amount of stuff we keep in our houses.

      Delete
  2. Whenever I get "the can't helpits" about my home I do just what you have. I make a list of all the niggley things and then attack them in turn. I am halfway through the sewing room and it will be finished today. I feel so much better once it is done that I struggle to understand why I didn't do it earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are spot on. It really is the "why did I not do this sooner?" that always gets me. Rehanging the fabric was fiddly but once that was done everything else just flowed.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. We have various versions of this protecting cables and so on. Why buy cable protectors when you can have Lego?

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the recipe.
    Another thing to make you feel grateful for your own home is to look at some of the other properties out there. For all those that make you wish you could live in them, there are twice as many that make you feel grateful for what you already have.
    I think I need to indulge in some Spring cleaning here too. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true, to see the three we really liked we must have scrolled past dozens.

      Delete
  5. Love old fashioned simple recipes they are just the best, you do have a lovely kitchen where you are I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's a bit wonky but almost everything is in working order.

      I think in terms of treats and puddings I will always go for the most simple option, jams buns are always good in our house.

      Delete
  6. Very clever anti-rabbit barriers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a good make do and mend exercise.

      Delete
  7. Those jam buns sound wonderful. I have a lot of excess jam and it would be a good way to use some of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a really simple treat made with no special ingredients so always a good option for us.

      Delete
  8. It's a new home all over again.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's what we needed, we're very close to the seven year itch!

      Delete
  9. What a long list! whew!
    Must say the Lego bunny corral is impressively clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the Lego has really done a good job, and was a no spend solution to a sharp toothed problem!

      Delete
  10. Isn't it nice to decide that you really like the home you are in? Just moving things around really helps.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I do like this house very much, but we do love the area we moved from, although that was nearly seven years ago so I should just get over it :D

      Delete
  11. We are just starting to go through our house room by room to update and decorate - weeding out the stuff that we no longer use as we go. It has been a small start in the airing cupboard but oh the joy to open the door on a bright white space now complete with automatic lighting - it has been transformed from the dark dingy space it once was. I am feeling encouraged to tackle the next space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling! When one space is done, no matter how small, it's makes the next thing seem easier.

      We have a lot to do this year in the house, I would like to freshen up every room, but will settle for painting the living room and having the work done to the bathroom.

      Delete

Post a Comment