Friday, 24 February 2017

Freebie And Bargain Of The Week

No real freebies this week, but all the extra points I've clocked up using the my coupons site from Sainsbury's have been added to my loyalty card and I have £5 to spend at some point. 

I tidied the pantry and found some nutmeg that I knew was there but had been missing, so I crossed that off the shopping list. I darned some socks which is almost like having new socks for free. I think that's it.

Three clothing bargains this week, Dan spotted the skirt when we were in Kendal last week, it will be good for just bodding about (£3). 



The manager of my charity shop spotted this on the rails and said it was a "me" dress, and it is, a nice one for warmer weather (£2).



Finally a new day to day dress. I have worn my black and white dress every week since I bought it about three years ago and it has pulls, the elastic is going slightly and it's generally a bit down in the dumps, although I will keep it for round the house purposes as I love it so much. The replacement is another Yumi one so I was happy to see it hanging there waiting for me (£2).



It's even calm and sunny enough to get everything washed and outside to dry! 

Have a good weekend everyone, hope Storm Doris left you alone, we lost part of the fence, there's a little damage to the flat roof on the porch and the tv aerial is out of action, but it could have been far worse. 

28 comments:

  1. Oh that red dress is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. I think it's quite clear which item I chose for myself and which were suggested to me!

      Delete
  2. Love the last dress, such a beautiful colour and a great price. Storm Doris hit with a vengeance here taking the gate post down and the shed door off its hinges. My daughters car was hit by a tree, thankfully they are all safe. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Relieved to hear everyone is safe.

      I love the red dress, it's one I'll wear all the time.

      Delete
  3. We were fortunate that Doris only gave us a little taste of her power, a bit of litter bowling along was the most that we saw. I like your dresses, the Yumi is a real super bargain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to hear you escaped the worst of it.

      The new dresses will be very useful.

      Delete
  4. The skirt will look great with either gray or black and I love both the dresses. Those prices are hard to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the skirt will be a good one for when I'm volunteering, a nice simple look

      Delete
  5. Nice finds on the clothing front. Sunday, fingers crossed I will be well again, will be a hoe focused day, and my pantry is in need of a good clean out. I lose nutmeg, and probably will find several containers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      This illness really seems to like you, don't overdo it, hope you are 100% soon.

      Delete
  6. Great bargains, I love the navy and orange dress the manager spotted for you, very nice. It's good to hear that Doris didn't cause you too much damage, we've had a few tree get blown over but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear Doris didn't do much damage.

      The orange dress will be great for the shop, I like to keep separate clothes for working there as I tend to collect a bit of charity shop smell!

      Delete
  7. Our spices have a naughty habit of hiding, too. Glad you found the nutmeg and saved a bit of cash.
    That red dress is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every little bit of cash saved is a big help at the moment, even nutmeg money!

      I can't wait to get out and about in my red dress.

      Delete
  8. lovely dresses! My favourite is the last one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love both of those dresses - they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm surprised the red one hadn't been snapped up, it had been there for a week.

      Delete
  10. Great clothing bargins. I love the red dress, it looks very comfy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've guessed why I love this brand so much! The dresses look beautiful but they are also comfy and easy to wear.

      Delete
  11. The Tunic dress is absolutely fabulous!!! What a great bargain too! Well.done on the darning, I think that is a dying skill that is v important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kezzie, I've had some really good bargains this year so far.

      Delete
  12. Love the red dress - I have been given some free extra points at Sainsbury's - but then I must be their best customer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I don't spend that much but I am doing well with the bonus point vouchers, it's all very helpful.

      Delete