Tuesday, 14 February 2017

February Week Two

The main expense of the week was £10 each for tickets for the FA Cup game between Burnley and Lincoln which is next weekend.

I spent much of the week doing laundry and other stuff around the house, it has been nice to have so much time at home to just do anything, it's been a really productive time. As such I had decided to just go back to the shop one day a week until the lady I work with on a Wednesday broke her foot and will be off for a while. As I said last week I helped out at the charity shop towards the end of the week, it was all hands on deck to make sure the painting was finished and all the new stock was hung, tagged and steamed ready for the reopening. 

Obviously my super budget menu went out of the window due to the shopping spree - I threw away one meal and a few cubes of frozen spinach - turns out I can't stand the stuff! After feeling inspired to cook lots of different things, that's what the menu became, just lots of little things that we dipped into. I prepared one hot thing per evening, the rest was whatever I'd previously prepared and left in the fridge, here's a selection of what we've been eating - 


bulgur salad with roast veg, spiced carrot falafel/ puy lentil pies/ curried bubble and squeak - bombay potato kind of thing.


peppers stuffed with bulgur, and puy lentils with pesto/ fruit scones/ veg soup


winter veg stirfry/ stewed fruit/ pitta and sun dried tomato houmous 

Not much shopping for us this week obviously, just oil, tahini, some beans, bunny greens and flour (Dan made 30 pitta last night so we need more for a loaf this weekend!). It's been a good week to be at home.

12 comments:

  1. Puy lentil pies sound nice. Your food always looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      The pies are a really good convenience food, I just roll out half a sheet of puff pastry, add a couple of spoonfuls of ready to eat tomato flavoured lentils and then shove it in the oven! Not my most imaginative creation but it is a lovely treat.

      Delete
  2. Your food always looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sounds like you've been very productive getting everything done at home, I have to be in the mood for household chores, but once I am there's no stopping me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It crept up on me! I didn't intend to do lots but one thing lead to another and all of a sudden I looked like a domestic genius!

      Delete
  4. Your food always looks really delicious and imaginative. I'm not sure if I said I tried your chestnut stew recipe and really enjoyed it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So glad you enjoyed the chestnut stew.

      Delete
  5. Everything looks great. I will have to try making some pies like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they're just simple and delicious.

      Delete
  6. Do you have a recipe for the Puy Lentil pies at all please? I'd like to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no recipe for the pies, they are convenience food wrapped in convenience food! I just wrap some Merchant Gourmet tomato puy lentils in some puff pastry, simple as that.

      I do plan to create my own version of the lentils though!

      Delete