Tuesday, 21 February 2017

February Week Three

The biggest outlay this week was a new phone for Dan, he has been limping on with his old phone for months, he'd had it repaired but it didn't really do the trick and this week texting was erratic and the phone was a bit dodgy - all in all, not a very good piece of equipment for keeping in touch with people! We also used quite a lot of petrol, Dan had to run some errands with his Mum, so it was unavoidable.

We went over the suggested £100 food budget, but that's not much of a surprise and we are still within the actual budget, I'll see how it goes again next month. Here's a selection of things we ate this week, we didn't eat as many different things for one reason and another so not as many photographs. 



sweet potato fries with haggis-stuffed mushroom/ rice pudding and stewed fruit/ cauliflower fritters, miso mushroom, and naan. 


patatas bravas/ black bean bites (they taste nicer than they look).

No plans for the coming week, I think we're just at home, and will hopefully will continue with the house primp. 

6 comments:

  1. I am a great fan of rice pudding but even better with some stewed fruit or jam with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cauliflower fritters look lovely.

    My phone is starting to act up as well. I am hoping it lasts a bit longer.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, they're so useful but the thought of buying a new one makes me shudder!

      Delete
  3. Mmmmm, the food looks fab! I hate the idea of having to buy a new phone. I always have my sister's old rejects. I've had my very archaic HTC desire for exactly three and a half years and my sister hadn't used it for 2years before that! It is a Smart Phone but very clunky for anyone else to use. Everyone tells me to get a new one but I'd rather keep the money whilst it still actually works!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about phones. I had an HTC Desire, it was great until it drowned.

      Delete