Skip to main content

When The Sun Shines

Yesterday was calm and sunny so I ventured out into the garden.

In the autumn we chopped down a couple of trees and the plant tangle at the bottom of the garden (I say that as though the bottom of the garden is more than a few metres from the house!), you can see the before and after here. The pile of debris has been behind the garage ever since, yesterday I started to do something about  despite Dan being King of the Green Bin. I filled the bin then chopped up all the remaining smaller bits and tidied them into the bulk bag the garden cobbles came in. I just left the larger branches stacked up. It didn't take all that long and it looks so much better, and is less of an assault course for the window cleaner. OK, so I haven't actually done anything but I feel like we're a bit closer to a garden I want to look at rather than avoid.

I also spotted the first snowdrop of the year and lots of green shoots, all that bulb planting was worth it.  It's raining today so I feel even better about getting out while the sun was shining. 

Comments

  1. You were lucky to have sunny weather yesterday... Worcestershire disappeared into a kind of dismal murk about four days ago! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was just a blip, we are very much back to dismal murk now!

      Delete
  2. Its amazing how many of the spring bulbs are starting to poke through, it really has been such a mild winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has, I thought I'd see the odd bit of greenery in the garden but I was really surprised at how much new growth there was.

      Delete
  3. Well done for doing all that! I raked leaves over a week ago which took hours but was worth it but there's still half the garden to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth it, I am hoping to take the garden from "mildly depressing" to "passable" this year!

      Delete

Post a Comment