Friday, 13 January 2017

The Luck of the Draw


Since Christmas we've had so many donations at the charity shop, a mixture of unwanted gifts, surplus decorations, and people having a general clearout, so we've been running a tombola. 

My Tuesday colleague chucked 50p into the pot and said if he won he'd give me the prize as a birthday present, I crossed my fingers and hoped it wouldn't be the novelty toilet paper...

He won! So this was my prize/gift


a cute recipe binder. It was really good timing too as I'd dropped the box I keep my recipe cards in and it snapped into several dangerous looking shards, and the cards were being strewn all over.


It has some pockets for bits and bobs as well as pages to write recipes. I'm copying my favourite tried and tested recipes into it then the cards can go away.


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think I'll get a lot of use out of it. I used the box and cards for years but I think the binder will be better for me now.

      Delete
  2. Great gift and very timely too. Enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Weird how that happens sometimes isn't it!

      Delete
  3. That is lovely and so generous of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he has a heart of gold, I'm so glad to be working with him (plus he makes a really good cup of coffee!).

      Delete
  4. What a timely gift!! I love it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds terrific, hope you share the recipes.

    ReplyDelete