Skip to main content

The Log Jam

Another gloomy morning.

I love the chair in my bedroom but since we bought some new bedroom furniture the chair has been a magnet for mess rather than a nice place to sit. Having said that I don't think I really sit in the chair that much, I just look at it.

The evidence 


See how it attracts floor and horizontal surface based friends too. 


Hardly respecting my possessions or creating a relaxing space. 

So the chair is now in the dining area - I have to bring it down whenever people visit anyway so hopefully it will be less of a clutter magnet that stops me from putting things away more easily (my whole thing is to make things easier to put away than they are to get out) and more of a ... chair.

Lots of people have been talking about bullet journals recently. I have read quite a few articles about it and (without wanting to cause offence to fans of the method) is there more to it than being a series of really fancy lists? I assume I'm missing something but from the way some people speak about it I get the impression it's the crossfit of journaling.

Having said all that it has motivated me to use my diary to write to-do lists. So far it's working quite well as I'm planning tasks that naturally piggy back onto each other so I've been pretty productive so far this week. I just need to get the bags of donations out of the house, unfortunately my shop isn't accepting books at the minute so I'll have to drop them off elsewhere, but we have no shortage of shops in the town so I'm sure someone will take them. 

And we get to go to the tip at the weekend!

Comments

  1. We have the same problem with any clear surface in our bedroom too. I try to clear it on a regular basis, but it still builds up.

    With regard to bullet journaling, I guess it depends how you do it. My method is very simple and is really just a continuous daily to do list, but in one place, as opposed to being on lots of different bits of paper. I still do have other lists on bits of paper though. I find it useful as a habit in daily life to prevent me forgetting things. It helps me plan my week too in as far as I need to plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only this little corner in the bedroom that clogs up, and it's due to the chair, so we shall se..

      I think the thing I'm struggling with most about some of the journals I've seen is that it must take longer to do the journal than the tasks the people need to do! I suppose if it's part to-do list and part hobby then the doing of the journal is as important as the things that need to be done.

      Delete
  2. I think everyone owns a chair like that. Mine usually has a pile of ironing on it, and the ocassional bike helmet and gloves. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope moving it downstairs will really help, but there's always another pile!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm.. I didn't realise that my list addiction has a new name!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! People can take it very seriously.

      Delete
  4. I have a lot of books that we want to get rid of and I was quite surprised when the local charity shop didn't want them. Such a shame to put books into landfill but sadly there is not a lot of choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. We have had so many donations recently the back of the shop is packed to the point of being a bit dangerous. I think for the amount people are prepared to pay these days books take up a lot of space in the shop which is why we're cutting back. It is a shame but it's about raising money.

      Delete
  5. We are terrible about dumping'stuff' on convenient surfaces, something I personally battle with especially as I am one of the major culprits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very much the messy person in our house, I do try to use the "don't put it down, put it away" theme but I don't always manage. When the charity donations are out of the way the house will be a lot more tidy.

      Delete

Post a Comment