Sunday, 1 January 2017

Freebie And Bargain Of The Week

Lots of good things this time round. 

Yesterday Dan cancelled the entertainment package we had for Now TV, we'll get it again when I want Sky Atlantic when Twin Peaks starts. Saving £6.99 a month. 

We decided to rent a film last night, I received an email the other day offering me £3 credit for anything from Google Play, so we used that, the film was £3.49 but along with the credit, I also received 20% off for some reason so we didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.

My shampoo is nearly all gone, this morning I noticed Dan has been washing his body with shampoo for the last little while, so I swapped a bottle of shower gel for the shampoo so I don't need to buy shampoo for a while. 

I was going to nip out for something to hold my hairdryer and assorted stuff, Dan produced a nice mesh basket from the garage, it's the ideal size for my needs so I've saved a bob or two there. 

I've had a new food processor on my wishlist for the past few months, I was on the verge of buying one the other day when I asked myself what I wanted it for. It made me realise that my little processor does the jobs I need it to do so I kept my money in my pocket. 

Who knows how, but we ran out of almond milk on Christmas Day - who runs out of milk? So we went to pick some up on Tuesday and picked up broccoli, carrots and parsnips for 9p a pack. 

My mum passed on two magazines for me to enjoy. 

It was also great to see how many people brought in their flasks of tea, turkey (or in our case, nut roast) butties, chunks of Christmas cake, and chocolates to pass around at the football yesterday and on Boxing day - love your leftovers!

18 comments:

  1. We will have a left over week in work, everyone brings in unwanted treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I went to the charity shop last week there was a teetering pile of boxes of chocolates, biscuits and sweets, I think everyone had the same idea! It's a great ideal to have something like that at work I think.

      Delete
  2. Your post made me smile-a grimmacy sort of smile. We run out of milk regularly! I love the community spirit of frugality-sharing the leftovers. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least I know I'm in good company then!

      Delete
  3. There seems to be a lot of bargains about at the moment, I have so far not been tempted by the sales apart from a little food shopping. Wishing you a wonderful 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I haven't looked at the sales either, other then a quick look online at the food processor.

      Delete
  4. I'm all for leftovers! On the whole that looks like a very 'bargainous' sort of week :)Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope to start the year off thrifty, too. Have been given loads of food and treats from relatives over the holidays which saved me buying or making any (except for a veg lasagna).

    ReplyDelete
  6. My food processor was (notice I said was) 40 years old and starting to crack in a few places. I had been pricing a new one out for awhile waiting for a good sale. Opening presents on Christmas morning, to my great surprise Kris (our youngest) had bought me a new one as a gift!!! Now I quite happily recycled my old one.

    You have had a good thrifty start to your year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful, what a thoughtful gift!

      Delete
  7. We don't have any leftovers I'm either brilliant with buying only what we needed or we're pigs lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, I have to package my planned leftovers up as quickly as possible or I'd be going back for seconds!

      Delete
  8. Oooh, you've done well! I apologise for not commenting for ages y- you've completely dropped off my Blog feed so I have unfollowed and followed you again in the hope you will show up again!!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kezzie, Happy new year! Lovely to hear from you, glad I'm back on your radar!

      Delete