Skip to main content

Additional Skills


Yesterday went by in a bit of a blur, but the laundry basket is empty and the house is decidedly clean and tidy so I must have done something. 

This morning I got off to a good start and used some of the fabric I bought from Stockport to make a cushion. We currently have the cushions that came with the sofa and I just don't like them.


Just a quick and easy envelope, I would like to be able to use a sewing machine properly, put zips in and all that stuff but it's way down my priority list. 


It needs plumping up properly but it look nice in the room. I have a big problem with favours, I don't believe "mates rates" really exist there's always a price to pay, and yet I have fallen into the trap. 

I needed a repair to a nice Betty Barclay skirt and asked at the charity shop if we had an alterations place in the town.  (Foolishly) I agreed to let a fellow volunteer repair it for me (she's very good), the thing is I said there was no rush, and now several months later i still don't have it back. Winter will be over soon and I have no idea when or if I will see this person again. Still, it's only stuff I suppose, but it does push basic clothing repairs up my to-learn list.

Comments

  1. Your cushion is much nicer - I like abstract it has a nice quality. i would just ask if your skirt is nearly finished and it will jog her memory in case she has just forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      My skirt problem is that the charity shop is shut for the time being so I won't see the lady in question until if reopens, if it ever does.

      Delete
  2. I love the new cushion.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An alteration place might charge quite a lot of money for the simplest work.
    The volunteer might have done it immediately if you've had offered to pay some. Yes, there's always a price to pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did say I would pay her for the work when she offered to do it for me.

      Delete
  4. I like the colours in your new cushion. Let us know when you manage to resolve the skirt 'problem'. Jx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment