Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Tree Trimmings



I finally picked everything up and stuck it to the fireplace!

After only two years I finally finished off the fabric tree, it was a bit of a rush job I admit, but it's done for now at least. I first mentioned the fabric tree here, we didn't decorate last year so I didn't have to think about the bare trunk until this week. 

The trunk of the tree is the tube from inside a piece of lino so it was at least the right colour, but things just looked a bit unfinished, which was fine when the tree lived behind the sofa but this year it's in the dining area. Saying I finished the tree is a very grand description for what actually happened which was wrapped some fabric round it, but what are blogs for if not for florid language?


For those who wish to see the full, ridiculous item


Obviously, this isn't where it lives, but Dan is working from home so is sat at the table, not that I'd ever describe that as being in the way!


Maybe it needs a few more bells, and something for on the top.


It's very nice to cuddle. 

16 comments:

  1. I love it - ridiculousness and all!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, can't take things too seriously can we?

      Delete
  2. The mantel looks amazing, very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wasn't what I was expecting! It is rather good :) definitely worth a good cuddle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's just a bit of squidgy fun!

      Delete
  4. I think something at the top would make it perfect... Want to try your hand at a fabric star????

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, I'll look into it this morning.

      Delete
  5. Oh it's lovely! The mini ones caught my eye too. Very clever x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the mini ones are lots of fun to make.

      Delete
  6. Oh, it's fabulous. I've never seen one like it. Beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work. Very creative and original!

    ReplyDelete