Skip to main content

The Same Only Bigger

Yesterday we went to Lancaster to have coffee at Atkinsons and to just have a wander around. In one shop Dan spotted a mountain cushion and decided he'd quite like one and asked me if I'd make one. Of course I agreed so we visited the fabric shop to choose some fabrics. 



I'd received some gift money so I treated myself to a new cutting mat too, it's a whopper compared to my current one, also double sided with metric and imperial measurements. It doesn't get more exciting than that, well other than when the breeze got up a little and it started acting like a sail as I walked back to the car!

By the time we got home Dan decided that the cushions at the shop were far too small for his needs so he gave me his preferred dimensions. This is what we now have


It's a metre tall. But then again I suppose it is a snow topped mountain!

The visit to see my parents today is off, due to the weather, stay safe and warm everyone. 

Comments

  1. Never heard of a mountain cushion....am interested to see the finished result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not the only one, I fear it could be monstrous!

      Delete
  2. That is going to be one very large cushion. Dan is going to love it!!

    I need a new cutting mat, but have been putting it off, yours looks perfect.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very excited about it!

      I love the new cutting mat, it wasn't too expensive either.

      Delete
  3. It's certainly mountainous. Stay warm.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum, the fence survived the night which is a relief, no plans to leave the house until the wind dies down.

      Delete
  4. At least you know this cushion will be much appreciated by the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. I am hand sewing it so doubt it will be ready by tomorrow but it will be done soon enough!

      Delete
  5. Hoping you and yours have the best day ever! MERRY CHRISTMAS x Love the cushion and I love the shop you went to! Maybe one day we'll bump into each other in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      Lancaster is a regular trip out for us these days so I'm sure the chances of us meeting are getting more likely, which would be amazing!

      Delete

Post a Comment