Skip to main content

That One Tricky Gift

I'm not in the habit of saying "I told you so" but I knew for a fact it was a massive mistake to not buy a gift for our friends overseas. They always always send something fabulous, but when Dan said he wasn't buying anything I protested then shut up. 

We had a splendid day yesterday in Lancaster then at the Burnley match, when we returned home there was a card to collect a parcel. Dan assumed it was something he'd ordered for someone, but on closer inspection this morning the parcel is to both of us. Surprise surprise. 

We are out of budget, out of ideas and very short on time...

Luckily for us I have this rather crumpled and unfinished bit of stitchery to finish and offer up as part of the parcel 


I did buy it to send to this friend but I disliked doing it so much it ended up in the sideboard. I know she'll like it and sewing is not something she does herself. 

Luckily for me I had saved up for a little treat when we went to Lancaster, so I have something to enjoy when I have a break from sewing


Christmas coffee from Atkinsons and a cherry and berry flavoured Round Up (vegan Wagon Wheel). Better get on with it. 

Comments

  1. I am sure she would love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she will, I'm just glad I've finished it.

      Delete
  2. You know, I wouldn't worry about equal exchanges, and rushing to finish if you aren't feeling the piece right now. I'm betting your friends gave you the gift, thinking of your appreciation and not reciprocation. What a surprise for them when your stitchery is finished and you gift to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed the deadline to finish it! It's not my kind of thing at all. I think I'm just annoyed because this didn't need to happen, they always send gifts and I love sending things to them as they're just so wonderful. This year for them has been awful and a bit of festive cheer will be good.

      Delete
  3. That is the thing about crafting, you generally have a gift tucked away somewhere. The socks and hat that I knitted with some awful(to work with) wool were received with real glee and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true, there is always a UFO or simple but effective project to make.

      Delete
  4. That's really frustrating. I hope you get it finished in time. Christmas coffee!!!! I knew I'd forgotten something on my list. Thank you for the reminder. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, don't forget your Christmas coffee!

      I had a massive push yesterday and this morning to get it done, it's actually not too bad.

      Delete
  5. We went round to our Sister-in-law who had given us a card with South African Rand in. It was so sweet but I was dismayed as we said we weren't going to Si presents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sweet of her. Being honest nothing annoys me more than people agreeing on no presents then someone buying presents anyway.

      Delete
  6. There is always one that we all get caught out with, I keep a few oddments just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe Dan is surprised, these friends love Christmas and always send amazing gifts, and I love finding things for them, they love English things so much!

      Delete
  7. I work much better under pressure, too! And I have my Christmas coffee bought as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have been quite surprised were you not well prepared in the coffee department!

      Delete

Post a Comment