Skip to main content

Lots of Leftovers



We don't really have any leftovers to deal with, we planned leftovers so we could take a nice nut roast sandwich to the football this afternoon, but that's all. The pantry is still well stocked so today has been menu plan day, it's pretty simple and basic but I fancy a nice easy start to the new year with lots of planned leftovers for that cook once-eat twice happiness. 

1. use-it-up one pot (rice)
2. dhal w. flatbread and dips, houmous etc
3. shepherdess pie
4. l/o
5. haggis
6. haggis stuffed mushrooms
7. out
8. out

9. aduki bean casserole
10 stirfry or l/o
11 lentil bol
12 jacket potatoes w. l/o bol
13 curry of some kind
14 bean burgers (football 3)
15 chestnut pie

16 enchiladas
17 l/o
18 roast veg pasta
19 jollof rice w. roast tofu
20 everyday pad thai
21 smoky Incan stew
22 nut roast

23 porotos granados
24 l/o
25 garlic lentil and butterbean stew w. v-pud
26 l/o
27 curry
28 pizza
29 roast
30 pepper stuffed w nut roast
31 beans on toast (football 7.45)

As for today, it's trifle for breakfast.



Comments

  1. We have our main meal on chrimbly eve with leftovers on chrimbly day. Last night I was so lazy!!! I just left the leftovers out and the family grazed until it was mostly eaten up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas food leftovers are the best! I don't blame you for just leaving everything out for everyone to pick at, sounds ideal.

      Delete
  2. What do you make your haggis with, TD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually buy a ready made one, it's made with oats, kidney beans, lentils, mixed vegetables and seeds. It took me a little while to get used to it, but Dan loves them so I stuck with it.

      Delete
  3. Can you tell me what's in a shepherdess pie? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for dropping by. I've put the recipe into a new post today. Hope you like it!

      Delete
  4. Aww thank you I am currently veggie going more and more vegan so all recipes help tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it. I do try to post up "everyday" type meals rather than those gorgeous looking things that are nice to look at but I really would never make!

      Delete

Post a Comment