Skip to main content

International Language of Sewing


Yesterday we had a very long day out to Llandudno to see Super Furry Animals at Venue Cymru. We always try to go to a gig or show in December, this one came nice and early in the month. Last year we ventured out on the evening of Storm Desmond - the sea was angry that day my friends.

It was a gorgeous day so we had a stroll on the prom, did a small amount of Christmas shopping, visited the art gallery, watched the lovely Christmas parade, complete with donkeys, played on the 2p slot machines in the arcade and had a falafel kebab at Barnacles!


A first for me at the gig was to be sniffed by a drugs dog! On these occasions I'm always slightly concerned that the dog may be excited that I smell of rabbits but all was well!



I don't usually buy merch at gigs but there was an SFA tea towel. Earlier that day Dan had requested a small quilt for him to use in bed. He is a cold boy and often has an extra cover but they can tend to drag off the bed or whatever so he wants one with no overhang, if you see what I mean. The tea towel gave me an idea. The man on the stall said "you're not going to dry the dishes with that are you" so I assured him I was not and was going to make a quilt from it. "Awww, that's a lovely idea, I've never heard that before" he replied, and off I went to enjoy the show.


Comments

  1. Fabulous day and I envy you the show. Cool tea towel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You quilters amaze me! I have been looking up falafel recipes to have a batch for when my daughter and son are home. That kabob looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was delicious, we've been there a few times before after hearing about it online somewhere.

      I'm excited about the quilt.

      Delete
  3. Your bunny comment made me laugh! I get that way with dogs too. Our neighbour was looking after his daughters springer spaniel Reggie (his granddog as I took to calling him) and after the initial barky attitude toward me, he came to make friends but I had visions of him smelling the bunnies and bursting past me inside. Thankfully he didn't.

    The quilt idea is a fab one. I made Andy a Tour de France themed quilt as a lap quilt but it's often found displayed on the bed instead of on his lap on chilly evenings.

    Love to your furbabies from Bob and Belle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think a dog is going to burst past and into the house too!

      It was excellent timing with the quilt as Dan has mentioned it only that morning so the tea towel seemed like a great starting point.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I've been frisked by a policewoman once when going to see the Royal Family come out of church at Sandringham on Christmas Day - never been sniffed by a drugs dog before though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm used to being searched, but certainly not sniffed!

      Delete
  5. We had a drug sniffing dog that loved Chocolate Chip cookies here at one time. Our eldest, Kurt was walking down the hall at school one day and noticed the dog and an officer busily taking apart a locker.

    He kind of giggled to himself but as he neared the commotion, noticed that it was his locker being ransacked. He really worried that someone had slipped something into his locker and when he got close, asked the officer if there was a problem.

    The officer was standing there with a confused look on his face and Kurt's lunch in his hands. I picked that day to pack him some of his favorite cookies.... Chocolate Chip.

    The officer helped Kurt get all his books back into the locker, something they usually did not do. I suppose because usually the dog found drugs.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, what a thing to happen :D

      Delete
  6. What a fab idea to make a quilt from that tea towel. I can't sew well I can see but have no idea how to quilt it's on my list of things to learn. I've not been to Llandudno since I was in my teens and can't really remember much about it as I was loved up with a boy at the time lol Your day out sounds fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really know how to quilt either, I just keep it simple and look to YouTube if I need help!

      Llandudno is still lovely, well worth a day out.

      Delete
  7. I love the Super Furrys but Gruff on his own doing that storytelling, not so much (I fell asleep watching it!)
    Great idea with the tea towel. Jon's a big baby with the cold, too.
    I'm always wary of being got by the sniffer dogs as our bags are invariably secondhand and goodness knows who owned them last! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The secondhand factor is a potential problem! eek!

      I'm quite excited about the quilt, Dan's more of a fan of the band than I am but I am excited to choose fabrics as pretty much nothing is off limits!

      Delete

Post a Comment