Wednesday, 7 December 2016

Eeeek

I opened the window in the living room this morning to chuck some food out for the birds and the window fell out! The whole thing, not just the glass. Eeeeeek. Dan shoved it from the outside as I held it inside and it popped back into place. So we've secured it. The whatever it's called that holds the window in place when it's open has rusted away so when I opened it the main latch thingamy that holds the window in place couldn't take the weight.

I was not expecting that. 

Dan is very pleased with the winter decorations now so it was worth the minor amount of fussing. As promised here is the link to the post about how I made the fabric trees. Yesterday I ventured out of the house to the charity shop and stopped off at the fabric shop to choose the first fabrics for the Super Furry quilt. I am now exceptionally excited about it. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh no I hope you can get it fixed easily, that must have been a scary moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a good thing the window glass did not break!!

    The fabric trees are very cute, thanks for sharing how you made them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the trees are so simple but very cute.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I am amazed that the window just fell out, I am also amazed that there was no broken glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was still holding the handle of the window so when I felt it start to fall I managed to grab enough of it to stop it falling to the ground. Thankfully Dan hadn't left for work so he was able to take the full weight and we wrangled it back into place.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Not something you'd expect to happen!

      Delete
  5. Lordy! Reminds me of the time we were once driving along in a classic car (not Meirionwen) with me stretching into the backseat holding the back window on as it had all but fallen out. It was one of those little quarter light windows that opens outward on a hinge. That was very hairy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no ,what a shock. I'm glad you were able to get it back in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was unexpected that's for sure.

      Delete