Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Desperate Measures

The bloke I work with on a Tuesday has been telling me for weeks he's going to give me a Christmas present, so I have been trying to think of something to buy for him and I have had no ideas as I don't really know all that much about his likes a dislikes other than playing FIFA, eating steak and well that's about it. I am also very low in the budget department so I got the sewing machine out. I rarely use the sewing machine as I don't get any pleasure from it at all, but it is at least a quick way to make something. I know his flat is mainly black and white so I made this


It looks pretty nice on my chair I think.


As it was a rush job I can't claim it's made to the highest standard, but it is made and wrapped so we shall see. At least if he hates it and chucks it away it hasn't cost me anything other than half an hour of my time. I do fancy one for myself though. 

14 comments:

  1. It looks great, especially on that chair. It must be very tempting to keep it for yourself. 🎄 X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I would never have thought to use that fabric to make a cushion so I'm glad to have had the push. I may have enough left to make a cushion front, so I think I will do that.

      Delete
  2. I am sure he will love it I do :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I made him open it while I was there, he looked really shocked that I'd made him something to be honest and kept thanking me throughout the day, he even sent me a message to say thank you again when I got home. Made my day!

      Delete
  3. The pillow looks lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! That's a lovely gift for your colleague. I've got a few friends who sound like him - sports loving, mens men. I know they'd be thrilled with such a smart looking thoughtful gift. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix. He looked really pleased with it, I think he was surprised I remembered his flat was decorated in black and white, far better than just buying him something for the sake of it I think.

      Delete
  5. I would be really pleased with this as a gift. Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am always a bit nervous to give away something I've made, but it seemed to go down well.

      Delete
  6. Time is such a precious commodity especially at this time of year, so a special gift indeed. Have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was nice to spend the time making something with a specific person in mind.

      Best wishes to you.

      Delete
  7. Hope it was well received. Very difficult when someone gives you a gift whether you want them to or not . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult, I know this person is low on funds too so the last thing I want is for them to spend the money they do have on me. Thankfully the present went down very well so I'm glad I decided to make it.

      Delete