Sunday, 18 December 2016

Busy Doing Nothing


Thankfully my obligations to the festive period have been fulfilled until Sunday. Dan is happy with the decorations which is the main thing. Other things have been purchased and we just need to dish them out and put up with the associated sitting in a stuffy room being overly formal for a few hours. 

I have been told to rest in a vague attempt to recover from the lurgy, so other than a brief trip to Lytham to giggle at the delusions of grandeur I have been at home being looked after and watching ski jumping. The two most exciting things to have happened this week are to have cut some strips for the Super Furry quilt and to have tried out a new shower gel. Blimey, it really is all go. 



I usually buy Weleda Sea Buckthorn body wash, £7.95 for 200ml, I love it but as funds did not allow for it this time round I went to the other end of the spectrum and bought some stuff from Superdrug, 89p for 250ml or two for £1.20. I bought two thinking that if all else failed I could take the second bottle to the shop as a tombola prize. 




It's really, really nice. I was concerned it would dry my skin out but that's not happened at all, the bubbles are light and lovely and there's no dry or otherwise horrid feeling afterwards at all. In fact three people have told me this week that I smell nice, although it was at the charity shop and being the most fragrant thing there isn't difficult a lot of the time! Dan also loves it, he keeps sniffing me. I think that means this is going to be a long term switch! I know some people will think I'm comparing apples with oranges comparing these products but there you go. 

Oh, three exciting things! My mum sent me some money for the festivities and I used it to buy some tickets to see The Jesus and Mary Chain, one of my favourite bands when I was in my late teens, it's not for yonks so it gives me another thing to look forward to. Time for a nap now I think. 


12 comments:

  1. It's a fair comparison if your comparison standard is what will feel fresh, smell nice, and not dry skin. I am in full crunch mode with wrapping and more baking. Temperatures outside are -19 G so staying put.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying put sounds like a very sensible idea indeed!

      You're right about the comparison, I do like the more natural products but when budget doesn't allow then something that's good enough is good enough, and in this case better than good enough.

      Delete
  2. I usually use Bath and Body shower gel, but as I am getting very low on it I may end up looking at the Dollar Store (like your Poundland) to see what they have. It won't hurt to have a backup shower gel I like.

    Wonderful gift from your Mum. Enjoy the show.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm already looking forward to it.

      I think the dollar store/pound shops have some fantastic products. We have a shop called Home Bargains in town and it's so inexpensive but sells all those things you need.

      Delete
  3. The Jesus and Mary Chain! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so shocked when they popped up on Facebook the other day announcing the new album! I'm really looking forward to the gig, although I've seen them before and it could be amazing, it could be short and sweet, who knows!

      Delete
  4. I love the fabrics for your quilt. I've got the lurgy too, but not too severely this time thankfully. Sounds like an ideal and restful lead in to Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope you're feeling better soon too.

      Delete
  5. I have been trying some cheaper products of late to no avail might be worth giving those a try from Superdrug. Thanks for sharing. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I hope Superdrug offers something that works for you, I'm relieved these don't make my skin itch and they clean well for the money in my opinion.

      Delete
  6. I've only been able to use Simple products for about 3 years now, and whilst they work well, I do miss a nice smelling shower gel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine, we have tried countless products to find something to suit Dan, his skin becomes so sore with most brands.

      Delete