Skip to main content

Beware! Falling Objects

any excuse for a rabbit picture
I mentioned last week that the window in the living room fell out, last night thing number two fell, it was worse than the window. The string on the back of one of our Shirley Craven panels snapped, thankfully a combination of the rabbit pen and radiator halted the drop and the fabric is unharmed. We took the other one down as a precaution. 


The bare wall looked very depressing so to amuse ourselves we replaced the missing art work with some other items from around the place. I can't share the whole thing as one of the pictures is an enormous picture of my niece as a baby, smiling down on us like that sun baby did on Teletubbies, I'm sure she would be unimpressed to appear here. My favourite of the four pictures is this 


We call this delight Benevolent Swan, it was the only decorative item in the house when we moved in, it hung over the place where our bed now is. For the past six years Dan and I have been involved in a battle over it, he wanted to chuck it, I wanted to keep it, so it has hung next to the strimmer in the garage for all that time. Funnily enough. he likes it now!

Although I am still officially resting I can't cope with another day of just sitting, so clothes are washing, dry laundry has been put away and there is veg roasting


I'm not reinventing the wheel today, just roasting squash for soup and pasties, peppers for a tagine type thing, sweet potato for curry, onions and carrots for chestnut pie, some for this week and some for the freezer so we don't spend half Dan's holiday in the kitchen, easy and simple. 

Comments

  1. Isn't it funny how objects grow on us over time? I hope your health bounces back so you can enjoy Dan's time off with him as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting better thank you, I'm not off though sadly, with Christmas day being on Sunday the shop is open as normal on my days.

      Delete
  2. We've had pictures falling off the walls before, giving every one a fright! The cats shot out of the room at high speed and weren't seen for hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the rabbits were less than impressed!

      Delete
  3. I really like the picture of the swan.

    Thank heavens your art work was not damaged.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. I think the swan picture may have been taken at a nearby lake.

      Delete

Post a Comment