Monday, 28 November 2016

The Monday After Black Friday

Dan was supposed to be having an overnight stay in London tonight, but he managed to wriggle out of it so he's only there tomorrow. As there was nothing in his work diary he took today off and went went gift buying for the December festival. It's a bit early but at least we're not using any of our free time up.

What a great time to shop! Not many people around, but Black Friday prices still in evidence. We had our budget and a list of things the children might like from their Mum, there are four smalls to buy for plus one of them has a birthday next month. Some clothes we wanted for the girls were on a 3 for 2 offer, two books I had on my shortlist were half price, as were some colouring pencils. My SIL had suggested a doll for The Wild Thing and the one I chose was 30% off when we got to the till. 

I have also started a wreath for our house and had looked online for embellishments, when I got to the shop they were 25% off and the hanger for the wreath (nothing sticky goes on my doors!) was half price too, so I only paid a pound for it. With all the bits and bobs of savings it means the birthday gift was free compared to the budget so that money can go into savings.

I still wouldn't have got into a fight over any of it though!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a successful shopping trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it went really well. A list is an essential for me, especially where the children are concerned.

      Delete
  2. The fights sound bizarre!!! I'd only buy something on line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the fighting actually takes place, it's just something drummed up by the media I think.

      Delete
  3. Great shopping there.

    I do wonder why people get so excited about Black Friday when the sales usually continue for the weekend. The way I see it if the store runs out of something I just was not meant to have said item.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know what you mean, the deals started this time last week and extended for five or seven days, no need for anyone to rush out. We were just lucky, especially as a couple of the deals we got weren't advertised.

      Delete
  4. Go you! I get such a thrill when I manage to buy just what I needed with a discount. It sounds like you've got some lovely gifts. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished wreath. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I find it exceptionally difficult to bu for the children as I don't just want to buy them what they want i.e things that see them in front of a screen or Disney princesses.

      I am having a little difficulty with the wreath so the reveal may not happen!

      Delete