Monday, 21 November 2016

Reflections On My Glamorous Life

For the past few years we've been making do with a pretty rubbish selection of mirrors at home, in fact I most often use the oven door or my phone screen instead - that probably explains a lot. 

This is my reflection in the bathroom mirror


Dan uses this in his dressing room


And this is the closest to full length we get (but rarely full width)


It doesn't get much lighter than this even when the sun's out, not ideal for make up when you're a very short sighted girl. Impressive I'm sure you'll agree.

Last night I was tasked with finding a new mirror, we've looked at dozens but none have been quite right. I found one on ebay. I have bought two things from that site before and they were both take it or leave it prices, so I'm not very good at the whole bidding thing, nor am I patient when I finally see something I would like. So I clicked Buy It Now (yes, you should all try to sell me things as I'll just pay the suggested price). I did get a bit flustered at checkout as the seller said they wanted cash, I had no idea how to do that so they had PayPal instead (she wasn't best pleased). Anyway, she lived very nearby and wanted us to take it away that night. So we did. 


And now it is pride of place, reflecting the glamour of my bedroom blinds on top of my chest of drawers. Have I spoken about how much I dislike the G Plan stuff we bought earlier this year? It's totally unsuitable for my needs, but Dan loves it and it does look nice in the room, I'll never know how I drew the short straw and got the tiny set of drawers when he has the other, lovely one. Maybe because he paid for it? Who knows. 


There's no mark or branding on the mirror so I know nothing about it, other than I can now see my big daft face whenever I like!


14 comments:

  1. I am so pleased to see you are a fellow non Ebay bidder...I am also in the buy it now camp! One day maybe I'll get somebody to talk me through these snipping tools I've heard about. I don't like not knowing whether I'm going to be successful or not once I've made the decision to buy something! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, I thought I was the only one! I've been looking for a mirror for years, when I found one that I liked and was nearby I wasn't going to mess around!

      Delete
  2. Glad you found a nice mirror we have no window ledges all I have is a small mirror which is magnified one side and a desk lamp hovering over it to give me light, it is amazing how we can struggle on until we find something suitable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, I do wonder how long it will take me to adjust and actually use the mirror.

      We only have one window sill and it's half way up the stairs, so not really much use for anything other than seedlings.

      Delete
  3. It really is unusual I love the stand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to giggle at your bathroom mirror and Dan's teeny shaving mirror. I love mirrors, I've got a wall of them in the bathroom but luckily they're too high for me too see myself.
    One of our local chazzas had s job lot of makeup mirrors with 12x magnification which would have been perfect for hideously short-sighted me but i was so horrified by my reflection that I put the one I picked up back on the shelf and left the shop empty handed! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeek, we also have had the magnifying mirror issue at my charity shop recently, always terrifying.

      Delete
  5. A decent mirror is a necessity in a woman's life. Glad you found one you like.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this post. Up until last year I'd never had a full length mirror so had to view myself in bits I've rectified this now though by finding a massive floor to ceiling ornate
    blingy mirror which I love mainly because it makes me look thinner than I am lol. I still have to stand on a chair to see my face through the bathroom mirror though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I am kind of relieved to know I'm not the only one to have teetered on tiptoe or looked at their body in batches! Who doesn't want a mirror that makes them look thinner? (where did you buy it?!)

      Delete
    2. I bought it online from not on the high street it's massive and I can see every bit of me now lol

      Delete