Wednesday, 2 November 2016

One Thing Leads To Another


Monday started with me looking at some little applique motifs I bought from the charity shop the other week, I had no clue what to do with them, until I went to put them in my sewing bag and noticed how shabby it looked due to being attacked by Big Grey Bunny. A small amount of pressing later and I have this rather odd looking thing



Maybe least said the better, but I've used the motifs and the bag has fewer visible holes! This of course lead to sorting out the sewing bag, I chucked away/recycled some bits, then everything that's not either for my seaside embroidery panel or the Twin Peaks quilt was put away. 



Hardly anything in there at all!

As November is World Vegan Month I decided to let that spur me on to make a few things I've never made before, and started off with something simple that helped me to use up some contents of the pantry - Granola.

I know I'm probably the only person never to have made this before! 



When it cooled I added the fruit and found an airtight container. Mine's not very clumpy, but I don't mind that at all, every spoonful will be like those lovely little bits that live at the bottom of shop bought cereals.


I don't want to shop for anything other than rabbit greens until Tuesday of next week at the earliest, so it's a nice, not too sweet, ready-to-go addition.

16 comments:

  1. Nothing beats home made Granola at least you know exactly what is in it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I rarely buy granola due to the cost, even though Dan really likes it. I'll add it to the "not buying it" list from now on, it was inexpensive to make my own.

      Delete
    2. Yum! November is a good month to increase vegan meals with the hearty root veg and squash newly harvested. Post recipes please 😋

      Delete
  2. Those motifs are so sweet, a great chazza shop find.
    I've never made granola either. Yours looks very tasty. We haven't been shopping in ages, enough's enough, we need to do it today! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for nipping in.

      I love the motifs and wanted to be able to see them, they make me laugh my head off.

      Delete
  3. my homemade granola isnt very clumpy either but it tastes good which is the important thing i guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my error was to stir it when it came out of the oven.

      Delete
  4. I am a great fan and always make my own. As a treat at Christmas I add some melted chocolate and make petit fours with the granola mix. It looks quite luxurious in a gold case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh, that's a great idea, I'm going to try that.

      Delete
  5. Holding my hand up in shame here. I've never made granola either, although now I'm feeling like I should. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never have done it had I not been using up pantry stuff, we have about 2kg of sunflower seeds! As long as you use things you already have in it's a cheap and easy thing, I wouldn't buy ingredients just to make it.

      Delete
  6. You are going to enjoy your granola. Nothing tastes quite like it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband has been making his own granola which he is loving (typically he spent loads on the ingredients!). I don't really like it! I'm funny about nuts and seeds which I wish I wasn't. They just ALWAYS get caught in my wisdom teeth at the back which are half through!
    Your bag looks great!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, nuts and seeds do have that delightful habit. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to buy ingredients just for it, but it's good for using things up.

      Delete