Skip to main content

Hungry Girl, Lazy Girl

Dan was in London yesterday, and he was very fortunate to get on a train home amid massive disruption at rush hour. I was frozen by the time I got home from the charity shop (yes, I'm still there, I just don't mention it as much as I used to), the only heating in the shop comes from one of those annoying over the door heaters, and it's broken! So we have a few warm air blowers that heat about 6 inches of air and that's it!

I was also hungry, and tired, ooooh woe is me! So I made the easiest thing I could think of at the time. 



I mixed the last couple of mushrooms, frozen sweet potato and onion, some grilled peppers from a jar, passata and some herbs and spices into the oven for about half an hour, maybe a bit longer. After I took this picture I decided to add a carton of black beans too. For the last few minutes I put some nut roast and a pitta into the oven too. 



Cheap and cheerful, it worked surprisingly well and there's some left for lunch tomorrow. At Dan's suggestion I had also splashed out on a sweet treat, a mince pie from Caffe Nero, I don't like mince pies, but he said I'd like this one and he was right! It wasn't cheap but I enjoyed it very much. I now have to make sure I take a different route to the shop so I'm not tempted to nip in every time!

Tonight will be  quick something or other from the freezer as we're off to Edge Hill University again for a talk by Darren Henley, Chief Exec of The Arts Council about The Arts Dividend, the seven key benefits arts and culture bring to our lives, to society and for the nation on the world stage. I'm looking forward to it. 

Comments

  1. I hope your talk will be all you want it to be. The world without art would be a very dull and dreary place.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The talk was very good, I loved the enthusiasm of the speaker and his approach for taking the organisation forward is innovative and exciting. He's interested in embedding arts and culture into as many communities as possible and wishes for everyone to be "culturally literate" which is a wonderful prospect.

      Delete
  2. It must be recipe day, and I'm loving the ideas I'm getting. I find throwing unique flavors together, warming with spices, and served with rice, bread, pita etc. is about a much winter comfort as a person can get in a meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, when you get home on a chilly evening and there's a simple, delicious meal to throw together there's nothing better!

      Delete

Post a Comment